“A very nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Bear Creek B&B and Inns
Wilkes barre, pa
“A very nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

After reading some of the reviews I did not know what to expect from this motel. But I was very pleasantly surprised. The owners were kind, patient and courteous and the room was large and clean. Combine that with the great price and my stay was more than I could have hoped for. I especially liked the quiet country setting.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. The rooms are much larger and modern and the price is still right.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

14 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012 via mobile

Whatever you do, do not stay here. The only reason we stayed a week is because we needed to find cheap accommodations as we are from out of state and will be in the area for a few months. Ok so the room smells, rats in the walls, the bathroom is freezing because the makeshift window, phone in room inoperable because no phone cord, the hot water runs out in less than 10 minutes, housekeeping comes maybe once a week and when you ask for toilet paper you'll get it the next day upon the second request and only because they are coming to fix the microwave that has gone out and still hasn't been fixed. Anyway go to Americas Best Value Inn. That's where I'll be. They gave me a much cheaper rate. The rooms are large and clean and I pay 20 a week for my two chihuahua babies. Stay away from this place. Oh and I had a common cold when we arrived a week later I end up with pneumonia. Bad for your health or at least it has been for mine!!

• Stayed January 2012

Travelers are raving about these Bear Creek hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011 via mobile

I am temporarily out of a home so decided to find the cheapest hotel in wilkes barre. I brought Lysol like i do wherever i stay. Yeah decor was gross & actually creepy. Closet with open disturbing window inside it.. Filthy rugs. Toliet not bolted down & leaking with another open window right behind it with broken blinds couldnt even go to bathroom without whole parking lot seeing. When squatting over toilet there was a 1900's urinal type contraption in your face! Wouldnt shower with flip flops on! Tv was older than me. Couldnt pay me to use microwave or frigde. Fly attacked my head all night long i had a sore skull the next day. I could not get rid of it & I think it was evil or possessed. Froze & barely slept! Im not kidding about any of this & am currently residing in a homeless shelter which is a palace vs. Casino Inn.

• Stayed September 2011
Wilkes barre
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The room reeked of mold and mildew. The a/c that hardly worked leaked water that was dripping onto the carpet. The shower door did not close; the carpet was filthy. Lighting was horrible and TV reception was bad. Picture on TV was not pretty either. And if you don't hand your key in at the end of your stay, the locks are NOT changed so anyone that has stayed in that room can stop by at anytime. Not worth a penny!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010 via mobile

So gross! Fleas! Hookers!! Drunks! Oh my! Left key on bed, stopped payment, and stayed at a Holiday Inn

• Stayed September 2011
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2008

I stayed at this place for quite a few weeks. It is a very beautiful area, with a lot of entertainment nearby, so perfect for family outings.
The rates are reasonable n rooms are v good n clean. Regular room service and friendly management. The new owners have improved it a lot.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2008

I stayed at Casino Countryside Inn for a couple of weeks recently.I enjoyed my stay at the Inn.The room was neat,clean and comfortable.It had a microwave,fridge and telephone.Moreover,it was reasonably charged.The new management was very prompt and friendly.Housekeeping was also very regular.Overall,I am very happy with my experience at the Inn.

• Liked — clean,economical rooms
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Casino Countryside Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Casino Countryside Inn

Address: 1 Pittston Blvd, 1 Pittston Blvd Bear Creek Twp, Bear Creek, PA 18702
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Pocono Mountains Region > Bear Creek
Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Ski-In / Ski-Out Suites Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 2 B&Bs / Inns in Bear Creek
Our management is friendly and helpful and we give our warm welcome with smile to our guests.We also tell our guests about local area resturants, attractions , and other events . ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Priceline so you can book your Casino Countryside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Casino Countryside Hotel Wilkes-Barre

If you own or manage Casino Countryside Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.