“Great Winter Time Escape” 5 of 5 stars

Silver Surf Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3767 N Hwy 101, Yachats, OR 97498   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Keno
“Great Winter Time Escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Have stayed here many times and have many GREAT experiences. Hospitality has been excellant and Highly Recommend this motel.Quiet Evennings and great sleeping while listening to the ocean.

Room Tip: all have balconies which is nice
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
victoria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

'Has the personal touch of a b and b, but the privacy of a hotel - fall asleep to the crash of the surf - spotlights on the surf at night mean you can watch as well as hear the surf 24/7 - not the sumptious experience of a high end hotel or resort, but cosy and comfortable and friendly and feels a bit like your own place on the beach. More than dog-friendly - dogs are truly welcome guests. I thought that my room had a bit of mustiness, but noone else seemed to notice and none of my friends who have spent time here ever mentioned anything about this, so it might have been my personal sensitivity - it is not spanking new after all! Excellent, excellent value.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Harbor Springs, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

After reading several reviews of the Silver Surf Motel, my wife and I, along with our son and daughter-in-law, reserved a two-bedroom unit at this motel just north of the charming village of Yachats, on the Central Oregon coast.

Our two day Veterans' Day weekend stay was both pleasant and comfortable. As previous reviewers have repeatedly noted, the facility is very clean and the managers very accommodating. The beds are comfortable; the towels are ample; the kitchenette is adequately supplied. There is even a wood fireplace, with logs stacked in the carport. Unfortunately, the wood was damp, and we were unsuccessful in lighting a fire on a chilly weekend in November, even though we tried on several occasions.

The motel is right on the coast, with a fine beach.

Room rates are quite reasonable. This, however, is not a modern luxurious facility, so those who are steeped in luxury should look elsewhere and expect to pay higher luxury rates.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Gresham, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

We stayed in a pet friendly room (22) with our two dogs. Our dogs are very active, and the weather was gorgeous for October, so we spent nearly 100% of the day out of the room, and when we were there to change clothes and clean up we had the slider door open. We spent the evening in the pool, then at friends for dinner. When we did actually retreat to sleep to a closed up room, we noticed what (through the course of the night) a pretty overwhelming smell of cat urine. I think. I don't have a cat, but that's what it smelled like. I don't expect pet friendly rooms to smell like roses, but we had to open the slider again at night (it was cold) as it became a bit overwhelming. My husband largely unloaded the room into our car in the morning as I had such a headache I didn't want to go back in. The super odor eater air freshener that was in the room wasn't doing the trick. The room was tidy, there was a nice fridge, a stovetop and micro. The managers were very nice. I wanted to say something at the time, but didn't. I was going to let it pass, perhaps I was being too sensitive I thought. But after discussing with the family, we realized we all didn't sleep well because of it. The office is super cute - they should decorate all the rooms like that. I understand the rooms are getting new TV's in a week or two. Bed was good, quite firm if you like that. Direct access to the beach. Price was reasonable, view was lovely, beach is super clean and four miles long of soft white sand. Would still very much recommend, but room 22 needs a serious deodorizing treatment and cleaning. I would have no qualms staying here in a no pet room. Free DVD's to check out too from the office too.

Room Tip: First floor rooms on the south end (21, 22, 23...) seem to have a little better view, there is a dun...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Everett, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

My wife and I spent last weekend at the Silver Surf and were so impressed with everything. The rooms were spotless and the ocean views were spectacular! The grounds were well maintained and beautiful and from our room to the beach took less than a minute. It seemed like we had the beach all to ourselves! What a great place to stop and relax...we loved it and will be back! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
SilverSurfInnkeepers, General Manager at Silver Surf Motel, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Thank You for your review. We appreciate our guests taking the time to share their experience during their stay so others can discover this special place. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Best Wishes,
The Innkeepers
oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

What a pleasure to write a review about this gem of a motel! My sister and I stayed at the SSM in September, and I am booking another res for October! What they say about this place is true: clean clean clean throughout; comfy beds; quiet; excellent views and beach access; gracious, friendly staff; kitchenette in each room (Wow!). Fantastic bang for the ol' buck! The rates, along with all everything else, make this the place I want to return to. PLUS!, there's a pool (did I say clean?) replete with hot tub; firewood for bonfires; coin op. washers/dryers; terrific location, relative to Yachats, Cape Perpetual and so on. I can't wait to go back again! My thanks to everyone at the Silver Surf who make this an awesome experience! Peace, krayna

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Indio,California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

All I can say is WOW!!!! Janice and Mike, thank you so much for a great time at your pot of gold motel. We so much appreciate you taking the time and effort in to moving other people around to accomodate our early arrivial. (one day earlier) Every satff member were so nice and pleasant to talk to. We have found our one and only place to stay from now on the Oregon coast. Thank you again, Salty thanks you too.

Room Tip: Everything you could possible need in a room, plus free wifi, (very nice) Best beach to ever walk o...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Silver Surf Motel? Share your experiences!