“We found the Dublin House cozy and quite comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

The Dublin House Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   US 101 and 7th Street, PO Box 716, Yachats, OR 97497   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Corvallis, Oregon
“We found the Dublin House cozy and quite comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2008

When my wife, myself and a friend decided to go to Yachats for the weekend, we weren't looking for a 4 star hotel. We just wanted something comfortable that had an ocean view. While the water front is a few blocks away, from our room the ocean was still quite visible and the sound of the surf at night was very relaxing. We enjoyed the pool and it didn't seem like a "dungeon" to me. Shops and restaraunts are just a few blocks away and most of all, we were left alone. I thought the staff was friendly and promptly provided whatever we needed. We would definately stay there again and in fact are going to in December.

• Liked — The sound of the surf at night
  • Disliked — Very view cable television channels to choose from. Very basic.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

I was happily pleased with the place. It is a little place right next to a small little town. I really remember it being pleased with a comfortable room and a view of the water for less than 90 dollars! The beds were nice, everything was clean, office was ready to help... The pool was nice too. It was downstairs but really close to the room. All of the shops were just down the block and best of all it is truely a quiet little town where you can relax. Really nothing but good things to say about a nice weekend on the Oregon Coast!

• Liked — Great clean rooms for a great price.
  • Disliked — no restaurant on site
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lawton, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2008

I previously gave the Dublin House a very positive review. However, our most recent visit this past November was very different from our other stays.

While the room was still clean and the view great, there was a very uncomfortable at night when a group of people would gather outside. After asking some questions the next day, we found out that people were living in the motel! Needless to say, we will not be staying in this establishment again.

We have recently stayed at the Ya'Tel Motel in Yachats and it is a true gem!

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — We do not stay in hotels that allow people to live in the establishment.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Springfeld
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2008

I will never stay at the The Dublin House Motel in Yachats again. Not as long as they are operating a kennel there. What a disaster. Never, ever let them give you room 8 or any other rooms on that side of the Motel. To both sides of our room were dogs (one in room 7 and several in room 9). From about 1:00 AM to 6:30 AM the dog in room 7 cried loudly and scratched at the door. There was also some brief AM dog-related commotion going on in the other room, but we could have ignored that. I tried to call the person in room 7 at about 2:30 AM but no one answered the phone. The manager told us in the morning that the people in room 7 are living in the motel and somehow related to the owner. She was sorry but nothing she could do about it. Nonsense. Any responsible business person would have refunded my money immediately. I mean really, all I got for my room fee was a sleepless night and a terrible migraine.

Stayed January 2008
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

True, the motel staff were very friendly. I realized this wouldn't be a 4-star hotel - we were looking for something quick (unscheduled side trip), and wanted basic security and cleanliness. The security was basic, in that it is not a high-risk area, and the cleanliness was sufficient, though I took off the bedspreads immediately. There was an immediate assault to the nose of a musty, moldy smell upon entering, and we noticed that the 'ocean view' was really blocks away, and no surf could truly be seen. We could however hear the surf at night, which was pleasant. And, a real 'buggy' thing for me was that the bed lights were high above the bed and if on, illuminated the entire room so that others could not sleep. Also, we left the windows open even though no there were no screens. All this for $74; a wee bit overpriced for a budget motel.

The kids wanted a pool, and yes, it felt a little daunting walking in - okay scary - the pool is located in a 'basement'; another reviewer used the word 'dungeon', and I laughed, because THAT is the exact feeling.

Stay again? Not likely, though in a pinch if there was no other room in town, we'd cave.

• Liked — Friendly staff; good shower
  • Disliked — Room smell; pool location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Eureka, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2007

If you find this place while looking for a room in Yachats, take my advice... Keep looking. The price isn't bad, but just about everything else about this place is. I called months in advance to book a room for 4 days as part of a two week vacation for our ninth wedding anniversary, and I asked very specific questions from a pre-written checklist that I always use. (To avoid situations like this, and it obviously didn't work very well in this case.)

For example, I asked "Do you have queen beds?" and they said "Yes we do.". But what they really have is queen sized mattresses on a plywood platform. (No, I am not kidding...) There were numerous other things about it that we were not very thrilled about but we chose to ignore them because of the price. Since this was our ninth anniversary my wife and I wanted it to be somewhat memorable, we decided that we would just go find another place for the rest of our vacation.

The one thing that really irritated me was when we made the original reservation, we were told the nightly rate was going to be $70.00 plus tax, but when we checked out early we were charged that plus a $14.00 cancellation fee for the other days we had originally planned to stay, making it $90.00 to stay one night. Just $10.00 less than what I had paid for a Grecian Tub Suite in the Oxford Suites Hotel in Gladstone, Oregon the night before.

So instead of being remembered as a romantic getaway in Yachats, the night we spent there will be remembered as nothing more than a night in a low budget motel room.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Eugene
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2007

We decided to venture to Yachats this year to watch the fireworks. Thinking most places would be booked, we decided on the Dublin House. (assumed if they are trying to give away a 2nd night for free, they probably have a vacancy) Almost immediately after entering the room, fleas were jumping on us. The manager did offer a different "pet free" room and eventually a refund ($130 total). She was not very friendly at all though-from the time we arrived until we left. We expect to pay $130 for an ocean view on the coast, but The Dublin House is a rip off. The pool is supposedly downstairs, in somewhat of a dungeon, the "ocean view" is beyond several blocks of houses, and the place is dirty-not worth more than $60.
I would recommend you stay away from this place. It is overpriced with an overall nasty atmosphere. I would have to rate this as "terrible", when I think about what we found at the Yachats Inn!

• Disliked — The fleas, price, view, and the manager.
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Dublin House Motel? Share your experiences!