“Very basic” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Redmond, Washington
“Very basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I booked with this hotel because it was the only one that showed up with available rooms in Yachats. I was booking last minute, so I was happy to find something with available rooms. It had all the basic things you'd expect - an older CRT TV, a mini fridge, microwave, table and chairs, the bed with some extra pillows. Nothing fancy nor horribly worn down. We laughed about the art in the rooms. The painting were horrible. It looked like they went to a thrift store and bought the cheapest stuff they could find. They didn't offer breakfast.
We got the ocean view room, but I don't think it was worth it. You can see the ocean way in the distance, but you have to look over some worn down houses to see it.

Room Tip: If you get an ocean view room, get one on the second floor. You'd get a better view and be above...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
western OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This was my second stay at this motel and I was equally pleased with the price (especially) and accomodations. The unit I was in had wood laminate floors and was large. It seemed to be for handicap access but not overly so. Nice to have a room without carpeting!
Clean and functional, small refrigerator and microwave are provided and updated bathroom.
Not a "fashion buffs" stay- but totally worth the price. Front desk person is friendly and helpful, and they have WiFi.

Room Tip: We had room #1- nice and big, no carpet- laminate wood floors.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Canby, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I booked here because the name sounded up scale and they advertise that they "do it with class." However the room was big but bare and ugly. The beds and bedding were old. We were supposed to get an ocean view but were put on the first floor so our view was of a falling down shack and we could barely see the ocean. The bathroom door did not close all the way and you could see light coming through the side of the front door. Bare bones accommodations as you pay 50 cents for a tea bag. I would stay here if i were traveling and just needed a quick place to stay for the night. I would not purposely book this hotel again. Nothing like Dublin at all despite the shamrocks on the sign. Yachats is lovely though.

Room Tip: Ask for second floor to see the ocean.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We booked this motel last minute for an unplanned mini family vacation. The motel is small, I like that. Our room was super clean. It had 2 Queen beds, a mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot, TV, big counter, and a table and chairs. The floors and bathroom look like they have just been redone and the paint looks fresh. There's also a nice sized pool. The owner/manager was friendly and accommodating. I literally can think of one negative. The price was right, as well. We'll definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014
Roseburg, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

First night we killed spiders in our room the last one was in our bed and that's when I decided to say something. Later I talked to office and they said the spiders were because I left the Window open. Really!!!! Next day the house keeper knocked then used her key and walked in did not wait for us to answer. Next mornin was check out. Check out is 11 around 10 again but this time house keeper just walked in did not knock. I walked over to office told the lady I didn't appreciate that they dont
knock she looked at me and
said 'THEY ALWAYS KNOCK' I said well this time they didn't. So I ran down to store I come back to my husband pissed off he gets up standing there butt naked and guess what she walks in again without knocking. I called office again and the guy answers I tell him what happened and all he says is sorry. This was all still b4 check out

• Stayed October 2013
Salt Lake City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Had not planned on staying in Yachats so this was a last minute deal. This was one of the few available beds in the area. The room was clean but the carpet and sheets were pretty worn. I felt that it was a little over priced, but I was tired and needed a place to sleep. It was also a holiday weekend, so for the most part, I was grateful to have a room! It is also unusual to stay somewhere that does not have either shampoo or blow dryer, so if you plan on staying here, bring those items with you.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the motel do have an ocean view but, best of all you can hear the ocean if...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Muldrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My granddaughter took a road trip up the Oregon coast and stayed at this motel. They were very friendly, accommodating and were great travel guides.

Our room was very clean and spacious. Maybe a little outdated as far as décor but we didn't care as long as it was clean and had a nice shower and the price was right.

Thank you for making us feel so welcome!

Cecilia(from Arkansas)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Dublin House Motel? Share your experiences!