“Great place.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in Yachats
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Description: We are a unique, fun and cozy place to dine for any meal! With umbrella's on the ceiling, local art on the walls and music every night, you will be hard pressed to find anything like us. Come visit and try many of our locally derived and delicious culinary concoctions.
Eugene, Oregon
“Great place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Good breakfast burritos and seafood lasagna. Good tea. Nice clean interior, well stuffed bar, good friendly service and clean restrooms.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Live Music, Not So Live Food or Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

When we walked in for the first (and only) time, we found ourselves in a pleasant enough place on the central Oregon coast with a ceiling full of umbrella's and cozy enough tables/booths. We were tired, hungry and the place seemed interesting.
The food, however, was underwhelming at best, and the service was a bit erratic. [Guessing they were understaffed?] My husband loves razor clams so that's what he ordered. Mistake. Very touch and chewy, probably frozen--maybe for a long time? I chose the Salad Nicoise with 'red Ahi tuna'. What could go wrong? Well, the tuna was tasteless and cold and and the green beans were clearly not fresh. i could go on. Not recommended. Two strikes out of two pitches.

The service was lacking. Our waitress rarely made eye contact, dropped off our meals without a word and never came to check to see how we were doing. It felt like the morale was pretty low for hired help. My husband had to go to the bar to tally up. Who knows where the waitress went...

So with food and service lacking, if you're looking for a place with live music (the night we were there there was a single singer/songwriter/guitarist playing who did a pretty good job--and shamelessly hawked his CD every other song...) and a place to hang out and have a few beers or drinks, no doubt this will be a perfect place for you. (No taxi service if you do so, however...) On the other hand, iIf you're looking for a really good dinner in a pleasant and well run restaurant, go across the street to Ona.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Corvallis, Oregon
“Good food, service and sometimes music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The menu is diverse with many fresh fish options and small and larger entrees. Wine list includes delicious Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand. Beer on tap. Friendly service. Live music on weekends adds to great atmosphere.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Eugene, Oregon
“Under staffed and poorly trained”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I have this given restaurant our business several times over the years. I want to like this place: it has a decent menu, nice atmosphere, and a great location, but our experiences show that it is understaffed and the wait staff is poorly trained. Here are three examples:

There was time that our waitress served us our dinner and then went off shift without telling anyone to cover our table. I wanted another beer. No waitress. Then, the heck with the beer, how about some desert? No waitress. By then we just wanted to get out of the place, but of course, since we had no waitress, we had no check. I had to go the bar and have someone tally one up.

Then there was the time that the place was so crowded that we elected to sit at the bar for dinner. The bartender was talking to a couple seated next to us for about 10 minutes without even looking at us. When I finally go his attention so we could get a menu, he reacted with impatience and hostility that lasted all evening.

Last weekend, when we went there for lunch, my wife's clam chowder was cold. We asked the waitress to warm it up. She came over to the table, grabbed the bowel, and as she swept it across the table. chowder sloshed out of it, across the table, over my lunch, and onto the floor. I cleaned up the table and she came back in a few minutes to wipe the floor. When she returned the reheated soup to the table, she hadn't replaced the spilled soup, nor did she wipe the sloshed chowder off the rim of the bowel. It looked like someone barfed on it.

I'll add a comment on last weekend's food. The chowder, while initially cold, was tasty. I had the three taco lunch, while tasty, was way to soggy. I gulped down the first taco before the shell disintegrated. The second taco fell to pieces as I ate it. I didn't even try to pick up the third. By that time it dissolved into a bean soup on my plate.

We'll be trying out other restaurants in the area before we return to this one.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Dousman, WI
“Really enjoyed our visit to the Drift Inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Loved the quirky decor, the history and the delicious breakfast. They also have items for sale by local artists. The staff were great. We would definitely eat here again.

Visited September 2013