“Best game in town.......” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
20% off room rate
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Bellingham, Washington
“Best game in town.......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I lived in Yachats, truly the Gem of the Oregon Coast, for 15 years, so returning to visit was a unique opportunity to "check out" lodging options in town. The Fireside is our choice from here on out. Price, location( location, location!), room amenities, VIEW, and pet friendliness can't be beat. Our room had a fireplace, a king size (very comfortable) bed, a sofa sleeper, a table with stools that afforded a drop dead gorgeous unobstructed view of the ocean., as well as the usual hotel amenities: refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot. The historic 804 walking trail is right in front of the hotel. Great place!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Terrebonne, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Fireside was very accommodating as a pet friendly motel. The location was very nice with the ocean waves crashing against the rocky shore. The 804 path led to the north (about 1/2 mile?) to reach a beach (at low tide) and walking south you could get to the town and coffee!! Nice breakfast offerings of cereal, juice, fresh baked item each day. (at least it seemed so) And fresh fruit that could be taken back to the room or out to the coast line where there were benches for watching the ocean. Small sitting area if you wanted to stay down in the gift/lobby/food area.
My only concern is there are some dog owners who do not manage their barking dogs very well. Not very pleasant for us to sit outside the room and hear neighbor dogs bark when others are walking by on the path (and there were frequent passerbys) or dogs yapping for no apparent reason at least to this human!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
It sounds for the most part like you had a lovely stay with us Jan, and let me please apologize regarding some of your neighbors pets. When our guests check in with a pet we have them sign an agreement that states they will not leave their pets alone in the room (along with some other policies for the property). If you have this problem on your next visit please do not hesitate to contact our front desk. We want all of our guests with or without pets to enjoy the beauty and wonder of the Pacific Ocean without distraction. We appreciate you taking the time to review the Fireside Motel and we hope to see you again soon.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

First time visitor to Yachats. I always hope that my room is comfortable, clean, safe, etc. and it was all of these things plus they welcome dogs and give you linens to help keep dog and room clean. They are very eco/green friendly too. I had an ocean view room (no fireplace) and steps away from my car and the walking path that runs along the waterfront. Other rooms have fireplaces. Very beautiful view. Lots of rocks, crashing waves and 1/4 mile walk on path to a huge sand beach. Great gift shop in the front reception/desk area, however, the front office shuts down at 10:00 pm and they turn off all the lights. I'm not sure what I'd do if I lost my keys and was locked out of my room after 10 pm and wasn't told by the front desk what to do if that scenario happened. It was nice and quiet, but the closed office made me feel a bit stranded. --Overall, very happy with my stay there and highly recommend.

Room Tip: I stayed in ocean view rooms, with no fireplace and no balcony and have 'partial ocean view'...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you Renee for your wonderful review, and we certainly hope you will come back to Yachats and visit us again. We do have one of the most amazing views on the Oregon Coast, and you don't even have to leave the comfort of your room to enjoy it here at the Fireside. While our lobby does close at 10pm, we have an on call manager on duty at all times with the phone numbers posted by our lobby doors. However, thanks to your suggestion we are going to add this to our information sheet given to guests upon check in. Our guests are our priority and will continue to be, so thank you for bringing this to our attention. We look forward to your next visit to Yachats and the Fireside Motel!
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

I was a little worried about the "pet friendly" reviews. But we did not hear, see, or smell anything the night we were there. Room on ocean was huge! Slightly outdated furnishings, but if you want something fancy go next door and pay twice the price. Breakfast was muffins and cereal, and no room to eat in the lobby you can take a tray back to your room and enjoy the view, but not so nice in a downpour.

• Stayed March 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review the Fireside Motel and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our housekeeping staff does their best to make sure that even our pet friendly rooms do not seem pet friendly to those traveling without a pet. One of the best compliments we get is how clean our rooms are, and we will continue to work hard to keep it that way! We are in the midst of updating furnishings in many of our rooms, feel free to ask our front desk which rooms they would recommend. Thank you again for choosing the Fireside for your stay in Yachats and we certainly hope to see you again!
Corvallis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Honestly, I come here more than I can afford and, also, I think that I should go elsewhere and expand my horizons. But I HAVE and I still keep coming back. Dog friendly. Great view (make sure you get an oceanside...NOT ocean view). I like the fireplace. It's fake, you turn it on and off with a switch...but it really looks real...for a gas fireplace.

Yes, it is best if you like dogs. There are plenty of rooms that aren't for dogs. If you are the type that sneer and shy away because you hate/fear/loathe dogs, probably not the best place for you to stay.

Oh yeah. NO SMOKING.....!

Room Tip: Make sure you get an oceanside room...preferably one with a fireplace! Oh, yeah...no swimming pool...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you Kelly for taking the time to write this wonderful review! We appreciate the fact that you have made the Fireside your place to stay in Yachats. Our oceanfront rooms definitely have an amazing view that is hard to beat, and I recommend the upstairs fireplace rooms regularly. We hope to see you again soon, and don't forget to "like" us on facebook for some of our best deals and promotions.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We had never stayed here before, we always were at the Adobe. This place was perfect, not only was our dog welcome, but they gave us towels and sheets, poop bags and a treat! The room was very clean, and the view was picture perfect. We have found our new place on the Oregon coast.

• Stayed March 2013
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Each guest bringing a dog (or dogs) receives our "pet pack" upon arrival with the towels, sheets, and bags. Many guests bring their own, but using ours makes for less laundry when they get home! Thank you for the wonderful compliments and we certainly look forward to your return visit.
Saint Helens, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Hearing the ocean crash & sound like thunder is what I love & this is the place for it !! Awesome view from the room, sat out on the deck at 3am for high tide, OMG the waves that come in & SPLASH are impressive !! The rooms are clean & I heat the room with the fireplace alone. I like to leave my door to the deck open for the ocean breeze & the sound of the ocean..Fantastic place to stay ! I found Fireside thru trip advisor & wanted to add my experience..

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Shannon E, Guest Relations Manager at Fireside Motel, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We greatly appreciate you adding your experience to Trip Advisor, and agree that it is an "Awesome view!". During the winter months we get some high tides that are amazing to just sit and watch. Our storm season not only brings in some fantastic waves, but if you like beach combing or agate hunting this is the place to do it. We hope to see you again soon here at the Fireside, and thank you again for the review!

Been to Fireside Motel? Share your experiences!