“International Fare Tuesdays Great” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Yachats
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Eclectic
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Ona Restaurant & Lounge focuses on comfortable coastal cuisine. We use as many local purveyors as possible and make familiar dishes fun and fresh. Have an appetizer, small plate or an entire entrée. The menu changes seasonally and specials are nightly. The bar offers an inviting fire place to chat with your friends.
“International Fare Tuesdays Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

They now serve international food on Tuesdays. $8 for lunch and $12 for dinner. Nov. 12 and 19 is an Indian buffet and it is some of best Indian I've ever had. What a treat for those of us who spend most of our year in Yachats.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Surrey, Canada
“The Ona Lounge”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We had tried the restaurant once before but on the advice of local patrons, we decided to give the Ona lounge a try. They have THE HAPPIER HOURS all day on Mondays and Thursdays. Draft beer is $1. off which I tried along with oyster shooters for $1. My wife tried THE WOW SLIDER, Wagyu beef with caramelized onion and blue cheese dressing. These were only appetizers but they fill you up pretty quick so we had to make sure we left some room before our dinner to the Drift Inn across the street. All in all, we will be sure to visit the lounge on our next visit to Yachats in February. In fact, I think we'll just make it our casual dinner stop.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin, Texas
“Skip the mixed grill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and I stopped by Ona for dinner on October 29, 2013. Nice ambience, and good waitress. My wife had the sole with crab which was delicious. I ordered the mixed grill which was disappointing. The "grill" was comprised of panko breaded rockfish, oysters, and crab cakes which were then placed on a "grill" which I suspect was was actually the griddle. The result was a fairly tasteless, soggy fish and oysters. The saving grace was that the crab cakes were excellent. The prices were a little high but not excessive. I might try them again, but will definitely skip the mixed grill.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Washington
“HORRIBLE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

I can't even give this restaurant a 1 star rating the food was so bad! The décor was nice. I ordered fish and chips (but since I don't eat fries, got mashed potatoes instead). The fish smelled horrid, tasted even worse, didn't even LOOK like typical fish and chips! The waiter either didn't notice that I only ate a few bites, or didn't care, never asked how it was, and being with friends, didn't say anything at the time. My husband ordered a vege burger that tasted vile.
His soup was tasty, however. All I can say is that we paid more than we normally do, and ate less, and feel disgusted every time we think of this experience!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“Crab Cakes, Fish & Chips as fresh as you can imagine.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Lovely little gem of a restaurant. Great fresh food beautifully presented. Very artful and yummy. Good handcrafted cocktails and nice local wine list. Highly recommended. Staff is really fun too.

Visited October 2013