“Very good food and nice view” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Yachats
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Eclectic
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Ona Restaurant & Lounge focuses on comfortable coastal cuisine. We use as many local purveyors as possible and make familiar dishes fun and fresh. Have an appetizer, small plate or an entire entrée. The menu changes seasonally and specials are nightly. The bar offers an inviting fire place to chat with your friends.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Very good food and nice view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

We asked where the manager of our accommodations would go to dinner, and she said without hesitation - Ona - because she had never had a bad meal there. So we decided to try lunch first and then decide if dinner reservations war in order. No problem. We were excited to return to this fine food establishment as the chef/owner knows what she's doing. All of the lunch and dinner menu offerings are prepared exceptionally well and suggestions from the wait staff are not to be taken lightly. I tried the butter fish (a special that evening) and it was so good my wife tried a little and confirmed my highest evaluation. Yumm! It was a rare sunny evening, so the river splashed us with twinkling reflections.

Eugene, OR
“Best dinner in Yachats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The food here is great. Usually food and service on the Oregon coast leaves something to be desired. But this was a wonderful exception. I had a seafood pasta that was rich but very good (as was the clam chowder). My wife had the fish and chips (really rockfish that was breaded, not fried, that she enjoyed). The drinks were really good as well (I highly recommend the Dark and Stormy, if you like bourbon). The baked chocolate pudding cake w/ vanilla ice cream was quite hot and fresh out of the oven and clearly not a re-heat. Definitely worth your time and money.

Visited March 2013
Harrisburg, Oregon
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I dropped in on this treasure on our recent trip down the coast and were hooked. The menu is unique,well thought out and prepared to perfection. We loved every bite!! The prices are very reasonable for the caliber of food. We also had a great waiter (James P) that was helpful with great menu suggestions as well as giving us ideas of what to see during our drive :) Meatloaf sliders were yummy (all appetisers are great)

Walport OR
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

ONA Restaurant and Lounge in Yachats, Oregon is an experience you don't want to miss. The restaurant itself is cozy and inviting. The food is outstanding. The menu is unique and not the run of the mill sort of food. Everything is delicious. There is also a nice bar if you just want a drink. Service is great also. If you're passing thru this lovely little coastal town pleas take the time to stop there. You won't be disappointed.

Pinole, California
“Very pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here for a meal during our drive up the Oregon coast and it was outstanding. The restaurant itself is very visually appealing and very modern looking. I'm not sure what I expected to find here, but certainly nothing as nice as this. It's been a couple of days so I don't remember exactly what the place looked like but it was really nice.
Now for the food, that's why we go out to eat right? I had the Oregon albacore tuna on the bed of spinach and rice. It was really good, not perfect, but really good. The tuna was a little over cooked as the raw part in the middle was almost not there. However, it was a rather large piece of fish and it was seasoned well. My wife had the shrimp and crab melt sandwich. It was delicious, the bread was toasted perfectly, there was an even shrimp to crab ratio, and there was a lot of it. My food was a 4 out of 5 and my wife's was a 4.5 out of 5. The accompanying french fries were left in the fryer a bit too long and was the reason for the lower rating.
All in all a very pleasant dining experience and a must if you are in the area and looking for a bite to eat.

• 4 of 5 stars Food