“Little Known Gem” 5 of 5 stars

You added Deane's Oceanfront Lodge to your Saves list
Deane's Oceanfront Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7365 Hwy 101 N, Yachats, OR 97498   |
Special Rate
20% off or 3rd nite free.
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Yachats
Seattle, Washington
“Little Known Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

If you want a clean, quaint, well organized, family-run, place to stay, then do not hesitate to stay at Deane's Oceanfront Lodge. The owners and staff are always available for contact, and the dvd/games/books and pet-friendly amenities are top quality. Although I have pets, I requested a pet free room just for a break; and the room was warm and clean, beds were firm and comfortable. We asked for a kitchenette, and the kitchenette was a hoot. You have to ask for that!! Of course it was fully functional but funky as all get-go!! Each unit faced the beach, which was steps away from the water. It is priceless to wake up to the sound of waves on the shore, and the smell of the ocean air.
I learned a lot about the coast from the owner and staff-they took the time to answer ALL my questions about the area. Food, weather, things to do; you name it, they educated you without being overbearing. The continental breakfast is exactly as I expected. If I wanted to indulge in the local food scene, again, the staff was KNOWLEDGABLE! I have eaten at 3 out of the 4 great suggestions(due to lack of time!), and I was NOT disappointed. Why? Because the entire staff is local and live in the area- what more can you ask for? I will definitely recommend this lodge to my friends and to anyone who will listen!
I hope their popularity will explode, then I will be sad, but glad that this may make a difference for weary travelers seeking homey lodging. Thanks for the great memories, Katherine and Glen and Staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tunachaser, Owner at Deane's Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you so much for the glowing review. It’s great to hear that you like the amenities, staff and local restaurants. We love it when we can share our knowledge of the local area with our guests!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was such a charming place and the beach was wonderful. Enjoyed cooking out back on the patio (on the compimentary grill) and enjoyed the awesome view of the beach out our room window. They were also very dog friendly. I only hope that next time I say, I will have more time!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed the view of the beach and the beach itself. We also hope that you’ll be able to stay longer on your next visit!
Eugene, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

First of all, I strongly support local family owned businesses as this is one of the things that had drawn my husband and I to this motel. With that being said, we have stayed at this Deane's one other time. The first time we stayed it was wonderful and the second time, it was just average. This last stay we found the bed to be hard as a rock, we had a hard time falling asleep and when we woke up (early) it was not restful due to our back pain. We prayed for the hot shower to help relieve some of the muscle aches/back pain, not a chance! My shower was luke warm, so my husband waited for the water to warm up, it didn't, so he also got a luke warm shower. As for the shower, if you are self conscience/modest, be aware of the shower. The shower has glass blocks for a wall, I was assured that nobody can see in or out, AAAWWWW yes you can! I stuck a wet towel to the wall/blocks for privacy. As for the staff, they are all wonderful, in other postings they mentioned "it is like staying with family". Well honestly I cant say that, soley due to me not wanting to stay anywhere with my family! During our stay, I made several trips to the office and everytime I went in there, the staff was always doing something (and it wasn't making themselves look busy) they were always cleaning or taking care of guests. Cleanliness is a big one for me and it shows in this place, Deane's is very clean! All in all it was very pleasant; a great place to relax, recharge your batteries and throw a stick for your 4-legged child.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a ocean view, there is one section of the motel that does not have a view. Spri...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tunachaser, Owner at Deane's Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Stephanie,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. First of all, I’d like to apologize about the hot water issue. A thermostat went bad during your stay and that problem was fixed.
We’re so happy that you noticed that we love taking care of our guests because we really do! We really wish you would have said something to us during your stay as we could addressed your issues immediately by putting a soft top on your mattress (most people prefer a firmer mattress) and we could have also let you know that the water would warm up in a few minutes after the thermostat was repaired. We hadn’t had a complaint about the obscured glass blocks before as light and shadows pass thru them as does any type of privacy glass used in bathrooms.
Hopefully you’ll come try us again and we’ll set your room up to meet your preferences because making guests happy is our priority.
Regards,
Glen and Katherine - Owners
Mulino, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

Our first time visiting Deane's, hands down this is THE BEST get-away spot on the Central Coast! The entire staff made us feel so at home, felt like we were staying with family. The room was so clean and comfortable, perfect decor and it never really felt like a motel. We related our experience as a Bed 'n Breakfast. We asked if there was access to a BBQ grill and we were handed a BBQ bag full of utensils, lighter and propane - each unit has a grill. We took advantage of the large fire pit just above the beach stairs - a fire every night! Just fell in love with the place and the crew, we are telling everyone!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Tunachaser, Owner at Deane's Oceanfront Lodge, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your fabulous review of Deane’s Oceanfront Lodge. We are so glad you felt at home and enjoyed your stay so much. We’ll look forward to your return visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This was probably our 4th time staying at Deane's Oceanfront Lodge and we loved it for the 4th time. The rooms are clean and have a real quaintness to them. The staff could not be friendlier, even getting out a ladder and resetting the wi-fi so it would run faster. My lab always loves the treat bag included when we check in. And the ocean is right there. The wife, dog, and I walked and walked along the beach. It's close enough to Yachats for some nice dining and bar hopping. Deane's is our go to place whenever we need to get away to the coast.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Welcome back! It’s so great having repeat guests. We are so happy to hear that you continue to enjoy all that the area has to offer – great beaches, an old world charm and the quaint Yachats village. We look forward to the 5th visit!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

After my second stay @ Deane's I am sure to return. Fun, cozy rooms, some with big old fashioned bath tubs. Super dog friendly and outgoing staff. The beach here is excellent. Free coffee and donuts every morning. Free movies and games in the Office to borrow.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your glowing review. We are glad that you appreciated the rooms and beach access. We also appreciated your comments about Deane’s being super pet friendly. We like to say that pets aren’t just allowed – they are welcomed. That being said, for those readers potentially concerned at a bunch of dogs having been staying at the motel, please rest assured that we go the extra mile to ensure that you won’t find evidence of staying at a motel that welcomes pets (plus we do have some rooms that we don’t allow pets in ever for people with allergies). Again, thank you for your kind words and we’ll look forward to your return visit.
coos bay, Or
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Our stay was perfect. Even saw whale breach right in front of motel. Wonderful dog welcome basket. Games and DVD for evenings. Will definitely return when wanting coastal get away. Friendly staff made us feel right at home

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool but there was no place for NA - sorry. We had dog friendly room right on o...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
We are so glad that you had a perfect stay. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary selection of dvds, games and books. We are also glad to hear that your dog enjoyed the welcome pet bag. We hope to see you again.

Been to Deane's Oceanfront Lodge? Share your experiences!