“Never again.” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
“Never again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I am a huge Luna Sea fan, I eat there as often as I possibly can. However, after my visit last night I will never return again. The food was perfect, but the service was horrible. My waiter Jeremy was dirty, loud, inconsiderate, and frankly smelled like B.O. To top off my experience I found one of his long greasy hairs in my meal. I will never eat there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

84% Recommend
Bellingham, Washington
“Best slumgullion around”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Slumgullion, a "fancy" clam chowder with shrimp and cheese, is best eaten at Luna Sea in Yachats. It's just plain the best and I have tried clam chowder all around the Northwest through the years. It's what I order every time I visit, although my dining companions have tried other dishes and found them equally delicious. Don't let the "hole in the wall" location put you off; it's well worth the trip!

• Visited March 2013
BC
“A gem....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A tiny place with the freshest seafood ever - the halibit was probably the best I've ever tasted anywhere and my husband's slumgullion was a huge hearty bowl of seafood soup. Somehow I think it tasted better because you knew the owner had caught the fish himself.

Visited February 2013
Bend, or
“Fresh Fish couldnt taste better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Been for breakfast and dinner, and going back in the morning to take home fresh crab and halibut. Well prepared Crab Benedict and Halibut stuffed with Crab topped with marionberry sauce outstanding. Slumgullion filled to overflowing with fresh seafood. Friendly service.
Looking for upscale ambience? Probably not your place - only if you want the best tasting seafood at reasonable market prices. Watching the video of sea-faring fish boats helps understand the dangers and rigors of getting that fresh dinner in front of you.

• Visited March 2013
“Wonderful breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

For the past two years, I've had my birthday breakfast at Luna Sea Fish House and loved the seafood benedict. The fish is local and fresh. It's a treat.

• Visited February 2013