“A pleasent experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodburn
A TripAdvisor Member
“A pleasent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

From the first time we walked into the lobby we were taken care of in a timely fashion. All of our needs were met and we had a pleasant stay. We were there for 2 days and we are looking forward to returning sometime in April of 2013 fully convinced that we will be treated in the same manor. John and Mary McHaney

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Whitehorse, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

With easy access to I-5 this hotel is a good place to stopover, since it really isn't at a destination, unless you're going to spend a few days at the outlet stores nearby, which are within walking distance. The rooms are a bit on the small side, but they are clean, neat, and quiet with comfortable beds; and the price was right.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Delta, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I sent this to La Quinta after I was asked for feedback and got no response from them. Had they responded to my email I would have not posted this.

We did not experience the same level of service we have come to expect from the La Quinta chain of hotels. The staff at the front desk did not give me the “warm and fuzzy” welcome feeling. I felt more like I was arriving at a McDonalds, and was expected to give my “order” to the front desk person rather than feel like I was receiving a warm welcome from the place I was to call home for the next 14 hours.

We were checked into room 318, and I was disappointed by the room. The room was old – however the entire hotel is old. The carpets are in desperate need of replacing, as is the entire hotel in general. Upon arriving in our room, I noticed several things. First – there were no ice machines in the entire hotel. The one on the 3rd floor was out of service, and the ones on the 1st and 2nd floors had been removed. After travelling for 10 hours, we expected an ice machine, as these can be found at the 1 star hotels. In our room, the beds were not comfortable. I have to believe that these beds are either not the beds you advertise on laquinta.com, or they are well past their expiry date. The shower rod in our room was broken, which meant that the curtain only went across ¾ of the way. Either the owner doesn’t have the money to replace it, or has too much money because they’re going to end up replacing the entire wall because water is hitting the wall and will eventually end up rotting the wall.

I spent the entire night sneezing/blowing my nose because of the dust/mold, as did my 7 year old son. We slept horribly as it is, due to the condition of the bed, and with our sneezing we were up half the night. The doors do not have a soft close feature, so any time we were able to catch a few zzz’s, we were woken up by neighbours who were getting home, and letting their doors slam.

The icing on the cake, though, would have to be the glasses that were left for us to drink out of, if we wanted to. One of the glasses had an enormous chip in it, which felt fresh. The fact that the maid, who left her name on the card in our room, was comfortable enough leaving her name, makes me want to shiver. A person who swallows a piece, however small, of glass could end up cutting up their insides and dying. I can’t believe housekeeping would leave a glass in that condition in someone’s room. Instead of throwing the glass out (I was worried I would be charged for it), I left a note in the glass, hoping housekeeping would come to their senses and have the glass removed.

All in all, it appears this La Quinta is biding its time, looking to sell the piece of property and make a dime on the profits. I would absolutely not stay here again, and hedge my bets on the Best Western across the highway. I’ve stayed in nicer Motel 6’s.

I don’t want to sound all negative. We did stay at a 2nd La Quinta on our trip this vacation and were much happier with the service and quality than we were with our Woodburn stay. The beds were of higher quality, as were the pillows, the shower curtain rod, and the glasses. We stayed at the La Quinta because of the two different hotels we’ve stayed at in the past, we’ve received consistent, excellent quality – so we expected these two La Quinta’s to meet the same level of quality/service at the Carlsbad CA and Vancouver WA La Quinta’s. Next time we’ll read the reviews carefully and if other hotels in the area receive better ratings, we’ll take our business to these other hotels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a weekend while returning from a trip to the coast. Both the room and hotel surroundings are clean and look well maintained. Accessibility is good being just off the freeway and there is a gas station, convenience store and restaurants all within walking distance. They provided a typical full breakfast with waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, bread, tea, coffee etc. Negatives were (a) slight odor in the room but nothing more than is typical for a hotel in this price point and I didnt notice it again after opening the windows for a bit (b) AC was a bit louder than normal which was a good thing because it masked the road noise. Overall I was mostly satisfied with my stay and will likely repeat if I'm in town next time. Giving a 4 star because although there is nothing remarkable about this hotel it does its job well and is good value for money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodburn for one night, because it's near to the shopping outlet stores. The room was spacious and clean. We had a window to the back which is quieter.
The breakfast is really good: waffles, cereals, yoghurt, fruit etc.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Woodburn? Share your experiences!