“Comfy Bed! mixed feeling on this place....6am Fire Alarm” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Woodburn
Coquitlam BC
“Comfy Bed! mixed feeling on this place....6am Fire Alarm”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

This hotel was chosen because of the proximity to the highway & the Woodburn shopping outlet mall. There were a lot of people constantly in the lobby eating their take out food speaking Chinese very loudly and letting their children run free playing basketball with the garbage cans, very annoying and I found this very rude for other guests. We had a room on the third floor (320) and were kept up until after 1am as the room which backed us had their TV on very loud, we just wanted to sleep after a long drive. we then were abruptly woken up at 6am by the loudest fire alarm I have ever heard, this was caused by a child making a waffle on the first floor in the lobby. The offer a breakfast, self serve style-who lets a child operate a big hot steal waffle maker unattended?? We had no sleep!!

Pros:
Updated rooms with comfortable beds
Indoor Swimming pool & hot tub
Laundry machines (pay by coin)
You could have pets in certain rooms but this cause the air vents in our non pet room to smell when the a/c was on.
Luggage rack in the room, desk (no paper or pen)
Small space to hang clothes, also a dresser for storage.
bedside table lamps had plug-ins on them for easy access.
The free wifi was pretty consistent

Cons:
Flat pillows, the tub seems to have a "bath fitter" type shell over the old you could see rust and old mold seeping from the seams. There was one small bottle of shampoo in the bathroom and no conditioner, and some cheap waxy soap. The towels were so small, hard and crunchy I think they were as old as the buildings foundation.
The price we were given was the "government" rate although once we got to our room the price on the back of the door for two people was the exact same price so we got zero discount. After asking in the morning if we did in fact get our discount we were told yes, so we paid the posted rate anyone without a government card would get so NO DISCOUNT...disappointing. the person at the desk said they didn't know there were prices posted in the rooms and they didn't know what to do so we left-not helpful.

A few simple upgrades could make this place a lot better, new towels, better pillows, more luggage trolly's, and better supervision of the breakfast hour or at least not allow children to operate the steal waffle maker. Overall this would be a good hotel if you have kids and like to get up early and be in a loud over crowded lobby.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Looked like they were still remodling , new paint and signs that said there would be new carpeting also. Lobby was beautiful and inviting. We arrived on a very warm afternoon and were delighted to find Ice cold lemonade available to guests right at check in. Staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. We felt very welcome and at home immediately. Our room was clean and bed comfortable. I realized the next day I never heard not one outside noise the whole weekend. Having stay'd in many hotels it quite a bonus when its that quiet :)
We had a wonderful stay and I highly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Edmonds, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

If you look on TripAdvisor, you see 3 hotels in Woodburn with similar ratings. Looking at the map, this hotel is farthest from I-5. I am a light sleeper, so I picked this hotel and asked for a room that doesn't face the freeway, and I slept good.
- There's a mini-fridge in the room.
- Breakfast was decent. There was a waffle maker and bagels.
- The kids liked the pool.
- I requested extra pillows and got them.
- You can walk to McDonalds.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
super8woodburn, Manager at Super 8 Woodburn, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I am glad to hear you had a great stay with us, glad the room was nice and quiet! We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again!
Maple Valley, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We only stayed here one night on June 4, 2011. The bed was lovely & comfortable. No complaints there. The room was on the small side, too small for the king size bed in it I felt. But, my main complaint was with the cleanliness of the bathroom. There was hair stuck on the toilet seat and in the shower. Plus, there was black mold growing in the shower seam where the tub attaches to the shower surround. In addition, it just didn't look shiny clean. It looked smudgy. The staff was very nice and efficient. No problems there, either. I probably would not stay there again, though. Sorry.

Room Tip: Visually check out the cleanliness first.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Beaverton, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I really enjoyed my visit here. It was clean and comfortable and accommodating and very nice people, especially the man at the desk at night, I think his name was Carlos, anyway he was the man who was there on May 30th 2011.
I arrived late after 9pm, after a very long hard day,and he even said he was worried about me the fact I wasn't there yet, he helped me out because I forgot to get milk for the cereal, that was the only thing I could eat at this time because of a problem I was having, and he gave me some of his so I wouldn't have to go back out, how nice was he to do that...I liked my room and I will be back. Thank you

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Many thanks for choosing our hotel for your lodging needs. It seems like we hit everything on the list for a great hotel experience: clean rooms, great staff, comfort and friendly service! I am glad you enjoyed your visit and even more pleased in your decision to post a comment.

We are all humbled by your response as you have certainly given us a high standard in which to maintain. We promise to continue to provide the same (or even better) service, value and comfort from the "best Super 8" and hope you'll visit us again soon!

All the best,
South Bend, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2011

I have stayed at the Motel 8 in Woodburn Or several times a month from Nov 2010 thru March 2011. I will continue to stay here for many months to come.

The rooms are always clean and there is no wear and tear apparent. The staff is exceptional and the owner has treated me very well. I have stayed so often that I now feel like family.

Highly recommended. A 5 Star motel for sure.

Bob K
South Bend, WA

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
I am so pleased to hear about your visit to Super 8-Woodburn. From the great attention you received from our Front Desk Agent, the preparation taken to ensure your room was clean and comfortable.

We hope you will visit us again soon. I sincerely appreciate your comments and promise we will do everything to live up to the great visit you had.

Best regards to you and your family,
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2011

Close to Outlets shopping centre. Indoor pool was great. The room decor and cleanliness was better than we expected. We received a great corporate discount. The breakfast was included. I hope they add fresh fruit to the selection. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We will stay here agsin. .

• Stayed April 2011

Been to Super 8 Woodburn? Share your experiences!