“SOOOO GOOD” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
washington
“SOOOO GOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

What a find! If you love authentic Mexican food this is THE place! EVERY thing I ate was so good. We were stopping over on our way home from California and this place popped up on trip advisor as #1 in Woodburn so we decided to give it a try. To say we were pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. Taco's. Tacos Dorados - 5 to a plate and say it with me...soooo good. We were only white folks in the joint...everyone else Mexican. What does that tell you about the food? Yep..sooo good. Also, there are like 5 different types of meat, they let me mix and match my taco place. marinated chicken, steak, pork every single one was great. Also had a sopes - beef steak - so good too! We will stop here EVERY time we go to Oregon from now on. So much better than fast food and definitely blows away anthing you can get a the outlet.

• Visited April 2013

Tigard, Oregon
“Off the Beaten Path Surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I recen tly planned a trip to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival with a friend from Maine. I knew lunch was in order but had no idea as to where. I got on Trip Advisor and this place was listed as number one. It is extremely casual. The people were very friendly. There are pictures and descriptions on the wall by where you order. I ordered a wet burrito. The choices of meat fillings were very diverse. I ordered the marinated pork. When it was delivered to my table I thought they got the order wrong because it was covered with a green sauce and I have only had it with red. I was told this was how they serve it and that I would love it. They were correct. It was seasoned just right. It was fabulous. I can't wait to go again and order something else.

• Visited April 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Just as good as the first time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were back again in Woodburn and happy to report that the food was just as good as we remembered it! Like last time we ordered the ceviche tostadas... so fresh and good! This time we had the fish fillet and it was fresh and perfectly cooked. We also ordered 2 of each of chicken, beef and pork soft tacos... they were good but the pork was a bit dry. The churros, which are cooked to order so takes a little time, were yummy and come in three flavors: plain, cream filled and caramel filled, just like the ones we had in Cabos recently (same price too!). Wish this place was closer to home!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salem, Oregon
“Pretty authentic all right.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We take the opportunity to eat there whenever we get to Woodburn. Just good authentic Mexican food, prepared well, in good time, and quite reasonable. You have to go up an order your own and they bring it to you. No frills, drink options are mostly bottles. But the Mexican food is just very good.

Visited March 2013
Beaverton, Oregon
“Don't Eat at the Woodburn Outlet Mall - Go to Luis's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

This place is a quick 5 minute drive from the Outlet Mall in Woodburn and so worth the drive. They normally close at 8pm but there were still a lot of people in eating so they let us in at 8:30pm. The food was very Mexican and very good, the music was very Mexican and very...well somebody must like it. :) You order at the counter and they give you a number and bring the food to your table. Only a couple of people speak much English but the order takers at the counter did real well; I practiced some of my Spanish and they were very nice about it, big kudos in my book. Pictures on the wall of dishes makes it easy to order.

We had the special of the day which included an enchilada, taco, rice and beans with all the fixings for $5.95; don't forget to get "crema" which is like runny mild sour cream and SO good and very authentic. They also had catalope "agua" that was fantastic for a dollar and churros for a dollar! I love this place!

It's a typical Mexican taqueria decor with lots of pinatas and maybe a velvet painting or two but there is lots of room for families etc so bring everyone! It is our new post-shopping tradition.

• Visited January 2013