“Very nice place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Winchester Bay Inn

Winchester Bay Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winchester Bay
Winchester Bay Inn
390 Broadway, Winchester Bay, OR 97467   |
Corvallis, Oregon
“Very nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We visited with my husband and kids Oregon coast and stayed at Winchester Bay Inn. We found it to be a really nice place. It is quite with nice views. Rooms are clean, very spacious and have a kitchen, which is very important when traveling with kids. The service was great and it had a pretty good continental breakfast. We would recommend this place for other people traveling to Oregon Coast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

39 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ceres, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband and I visit Oregon once a year and always stay at the Winchester bay inn. It is a very clean and quiet place to stay unlike most motels where you get woke up by housekeeping at the crack of dawn they respect your right to sleep late and unterrupted. For us we consider it our home away from home. As a matter of fact my husband and I renew our wedding vows in a diffrent state every year this year we went to Albuquerque when we finished our renewal my husband asked what I would like to do and I said go to Oregon!! We drove many hours and of course stayed at the Winchester bay inn Upon arrival I found she had turned on the heat in our room so it was nice and toasty when we arrived at one am. Once again our stay was wonderful and im already looking forward to next year :). As for the remarks about how horrible the manager is I strongly disagree she is a sweetheart I love talking with her. She always makes my stay plesant and enjoyable. So in conclusion I strongly recommend staying here the rooms are clean reasonably priced and quiet also in walking distance of restaraunt store etc.. what more could you ask for?

• Stayed November 2013
Powell River, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This was our 2nd visit and we were looking forward to our stay as we had enjoyed it the last time we stayed here-NEW OWNER this time! I told her we wanted a kitchen-she rented us a room/suite-turned out it was not a kitchen-it only had a very old dial style microwave, a sink, and an old bar fridge. There was water on the floor from the bar fridge and when we told her, she just shrugged. She finally gave US rags to wipe up the floor-which by the way was not clean. Then the lights(both of them) in the kitchen did not work, she gave us a light bulb for US to change-which did not help. She asked me why I needed a light in the kitchen??? In the end, she told us to take the lamp from beside the bed and move it to the kitchen if we wanted a light in there!!! The towels were threadbare and small. The bathtub was fixed so you could not have a bath, just a shower. In the morning we went to the office for the "continental breakfast". It looked like the dregs left over from the summer- 4 boxes of cereal, mostly used up boxes, cocoa puffs, fruit loops, rice krispes and one other kid cereal-stale! There was a thermos of supposedly hot water for instant oatmeal and tea-I poured some in a cup and it was cool, when we asked for hot water, she said it was yesterday's water and asked why we needed hot water. She must have filled it from the tap-because she was back in 30 seconds and the water was still tepid!!. There was about 4 teabags in an odd box and 3 small cans (individual serving size) of pineapple juice, that was it!! This woman should not be running a motel business!!! She could have made the stay pleasant, but because of her, we will never go back there again. It is too bad, because it could be a nice place if she cared (my husband looked under the bed and it looked like it had not been vacuumed in months, the front curtains would not close, we had use a clothes peg to hold the curtains together, no curtains on back windows, toilet seat broken off, rusty mirror in bathroom, etc etc)

Room Tip: look at the room before you check in!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

we were here over for few days, rented hot tub room. WOW!!!! What a room, very nice, lot space, and most of all cean room. I will recommended to my friends. Apperently, people stay to go fishing, we talk some of them. People were so nice, gave us little piece of fish. Walking distance to restaurants, you can walk on harbour, weather were amazing. I had met the owner of hotel. Very nice lady, have little accent, she from ukraine. Anyways, i read some reviews and im suprised how some of you very harsh, give a break..... I WILL COME BACK AND TELL EVERYBODY ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Eugene
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We always go to Winchester Bay, Oregon in August for Kool Coastal Nights. We take our Street Rod and attend the show. I was so disappointed in the Winchester Bay Inn. Last year when we stayed there it was ok and met our needs. I will never stay here again!!!!!! This time we stayed there, and we were in room 12 "Their Suite" I found the room very unclean. The carpets appear to be old and needed to be vacuumed badly. The bathroom sink only has cold water--I am not sure if this is legal. The floor in the small kitchen area really needs to be mopped and cleaned much better than it was. It is filthy! The coffee pot had not been cleaned at all, and there was still a coffee filter with coffee grounds in it when my husband went to use it.

The shower gets cold water and then real hot water while you are taking a shower, the towels are small and very thin and didn't smell clean at all. They have tiny bars of soap. There was a switch in the bathroom that you could turn on, and it was on a timer to have heat in the bathroom and they took the knob off the second day we were there so we could not use it. They charged us $115.00 per night for this awful room.

The owner's daughter was there, and she was very nice. However, the owner is really strange and thinks that you are using too much electricity. I heard her yelling at the girls who were cleaning the rooms--hurry do this and the do that, get these rooms cleaned now. They also charge you 25 cents for ice at their Ice Machine. I guess the fishermen, and maybe people who have not read these reviews are ok with this kind of dirty rooms and treatment. We will never stay there again.

After reading some other reviews I think that this is a place you should avoided. Everything that has been said here is so very true. If you want to sleep in a dirty room and be over charged this is the place for you. The owner should not be running a business. Please, please read these reviews before ever making the choice to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I was not very excited to stay at this hotel. Unfortunately I was late in booking my reservation for Cool Coastal nights and this was the only choice within my price range. When I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is a little dated, but the rooms were clean, and the location is FANTASTIC! Walking distance for almost everything needed for the weekend. The customer service I received was much better than I expected. As other reviews stated they aren't interested in negotiating on the price of the room, but the price was reasonable. The lady at the front counter was Russian, and she speaks pretty good english. To be honest I can see how other reviews say she/they are rude, but I felt that while she does come across as somewhat abrupt, I didn't find her to be rude, more just dry. I am a to the point kind of person anyway, so this was not an issue as far as I was concerned. The local communities, Reedsport, and Winchester Bay are fairly depressed economically with the exception of the summer months, during the local festivals so most businesses try to snatch up every bit of business possible just to stay afloat. I found this was true for many of the places that I stopped at on our vacation talking with the people I met. One cafe, a coffee shop that served us great sandwiches said that if it wasn't for July and August, January and February would not be possible. I would stay again, and recommend it to anyone looking for a decent hotel with reasonable prices. The location is at the end of a road, so the traffic is almost non existent, the nights are nice an quiet, and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Thank you for pleasant stay. We planned one but stay two nights. The hotel has a functional west coast style. the room was clean and comfortable with friendly staff and provided good value. The bay is close with working boats for fishing. A good selection of bars and diners nearby. The area had a good old world charm about it. Many thanks, Bohdan, Maria. London, England.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Winchester Bay Inn? Share your experiences!