“Excellent!!!! 5 stars!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salmon Harbor Landing

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Winchester Bay
Salmon Harbor Landing
You added Salmon Harbor Landing to your Saves list
265 S. 8th Street, Winchester Bay, OR 97467   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Winchester Bay
“Excellent!!!! 5 stars!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

Great hotel, Awesome hosts, rooms are clean and Nice with quality furnishings!!! Great price, defently a gem!! Will visit more knowing this great place!!!!:D

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

in the second week of october we were working our way up the oregon coast after traveling, hiking and camping in rain and good weather alike. we stopped in a place to eat to check out their menu since they had been recommended to us (highly as a matter of fact) and asked them where we might stay for the night. they told us Salem Harbor- the cutest cleanest most reasonable place in the area, and that jean, the owner was a real character. well, they were right. this place ranks as one of the most wonderful little adventures in motels we have had because a) jean is a wonderful, unique and charismatic person; b) the newly renovated motel with its theme rooms is adorable and pretty and clean and reasonable and still has lovely little amenities and c) it felt peaceful and restful and wonderful just to be there. two days later we recommended it to a young foreign traveler who was at cape perpetua and working her way south towards winchester bay. we recommended the place to her and she told us jean's little haven was in her Lonely Planet guidebook! i wonder if jean knows.....

Room Tip: take a tour to pick the room that appeals to you.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

Based on TA reviews we reserved two rooms - the second room for my wife's brother & sister-in-law. My wife & I reserved room #9 for ourselves based on the pictures from the hotel web site. After an easy check-in, we found room #9 was much better than the pictures we saw. The room was homey and VERY clean. Jean, the owner, was a terrific hostess. We stayed two nights at Salmon Harbor Landing and before we left, we reserved room #9 again for our return visit next month. During our visit, Jean gave us a tour of her 3 bedroom vacation rental. This beautiful house looked very comfortable and homey, and the rental rate was far less than we expected.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Medford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

We stayed here mostly based on the trip advisor reviews. Looking at it from the outside you wouldn't expect it to be so clean and cozy inside. It was quiet, comfortable and the owner who checked us in was very nice. Great price as well. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jungle Room which was very quiet and clean.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

Wowzer, time warp (in a good way)... I booked this hotel solely based on the TA reviews. And, guess what, they are all spot on. Talk about a great "cheap & cheerful" place to stay. My hub and I were on a long road trip and wanted to check out the Oregon coast. I found Jean and Salmon Harbor Landing. And, yes, as in all the reviews, Jean is something. You give her call (no email here folks), book your room and all she asks is for your first name and a phone number. That's it. No last name, no cc #, no email, nothing. So, I was nervous. I'm not going to lie... no confirmation... ok, let's roll with it. This is will be a good lesson for me to relinquish control...

We arrived and found a bright yellow, cheerful place. Jean was there and guess what, there's my name & phone number in her old school book. Room 5 was reserved (just like she said) and she gave us a key (a real key, not a card). She asked us not to go to the room yet (it wasn't ready) but to go on in later. And, she let me know that she would be with her grandchildren that afternoon but the cleaning folks would be here if we needed anything. Love it, Jean is darling... just like visiting Grandma... and she's proud of her place and it shows.

So the actual hotel is 2 or 3 mobile homes divided into rooms. Room 5 is small but she told me that upfront but that was all she had... it was a double bed and tiny but what can you do. The room is simple which is fine and there are no frills. But, that's not what you are paying for at Salmon Harbor. You get a nice clean room with the basics.

This is a great place to stop and stay while traveling the Oregon coast. I would recommend you give Jean a call and pop by for a stay. It's easy to find, you get Jean, and you will get that clean room she promised at a price that will make you realize some people just enjoy what they do and aren't going to charge you a premium for it.

P.S. there is a health food store in town that has great soups, sandwiches and organic snacks to fuel you for a hike through the dunes.

Room Tip: Look at the photos on the website to see all of Jean's rooms. They are real photos and represen...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

The exterior is a bright sunny yellow, and kind of looks like 3 mobile homes that are all on one lot. I think 2 of them may actally be just that. Parking is a little strange. Check in was easy. Reservation was made over the phone by giving just my first name, Jean, the owner gave me the room number I would be in when I made the reservation. I did call back a few days prior to arrival to verify availability based on another review in trip advisor.

Our room was wonderful, very cozy. The bed was great and easy to get a good rest in. Each room is individually decorated and unique. Brand new flat screen TV's in the room with direct TV. Room was clean, and kept up, Paint appeared to be fresh as well. Would have liked some AC as it was a bit stuffy. Very great location, I didn't really hear noise from 101.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I decided to stay at Salmon Harbor Landing from TA reviews. We were visiting the Oregon coast for a family affair in Reedsport. We needed a comfortable and clean place to stay, and we are glad we picked the Salmon Harbor because the price was really reasonable, and for $65 (summer rate), we got more than we expected for that price. It is a motel, and the outside doesn’t look like much at all, but the inside is definitely nice. They have a small parking lot. Next door is a little market, which we didn’t go into. Across the street is a deli shop, which had good sandwiches and gift items. It was really close to Reedsport.

We stayed in both Rooms 1 and 2 (check their website for pictures of the rooms and for pricing). My parents were in Room 2, which they liked. I stayed with the baby in Room 1. Room 1 had a nice flat screen TV with DirecTV, an armoire and dresser, a mini fridge, a microwave, a couch and coffee table, fake fireplace/heater, and a nice bathroom. The towels were nicer than most I have at my house, honestly, and bath essentials were included (decent soap, shampoo, conditioner, and lotion). Room 1 stayed really dark with the curtains, much more so than Room 2. The bed was really high (there was a footstool if you were short) but it was comfortable. I wish I could have taken a look at the other rooms because a few of them varied in price and size. I could hear the cars from 101, but I didn’t consider it a problem.

When we arrived, Jean heard about the baby and offered a Pack’N’Play to use. That was a nice extra. She had a few other baby items in the 3-bedroom rental they offer with a full kitchen, which we would have loved to have taken advantage of using, had it not been booked already. I saw the rental briefly and it looked really nice and roomy.

As someone else mentioned, just make sure you call ahead a couple of times to ensure Jean has you on the books. She just uses a calendar book to mark who has what room for what day. My husband said it reminded him of Newhart. There was no confirmation number, no credit card to hold the room, nothing you’d expect from a typical chain motel. It’s just your name and phone number penciled in a book. I called the day of arrival just to make sure she knew we were still coming, and everything worked out great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Salmon Harbor Landing? Share your experiences!