“Excellent Stay!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wilsonville
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Stay!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2009

The staff is wonderful, clean rooms, free breakfast and off the major highway tucked away in a corner,,,very quiet!

An excellent stay and very well priced !!!!!

I will definitely be coming back again and again, I have stayed here for over 2 weeks.

Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Milwaukee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2008

First the room was prepaid. I had checked my credit card balance before we got there and the charges were already deducted. Argued with the clerk and he denied that it was true and demanded another credit card for the room. I stated my case over and over to no avail and turned over another card. Then door wouldn't open when we got to our room. Had to go to the front desk 3 times before the clerk finally let us in the room with a master key (no other room available). Went to get a soda and a snack. Soda machine had no water and no diet soda (all sold out) snack machine wouldn't take a dollar bill. (broke). The next day, went back to the front desk to state my case about the credit card. I didn't want to get charged twice so I went on the internet and printed out my credit card statement with the charges on it. Finally they agreed and didn't charge my other card for the room. Came back later in the afternoon. Again tried the vending machines. Still empty and broke, went to a different floor and they were empty also. I Suggested to the desk clerk to call someone as we left again to go to the store to get our own stuff. Last but not least, on the last day, I left my sport coat in the room. 3 hours later my father went there to retreive it and it was no where to be found. I had to call the manager twice and then it magically showed up the next day. (theft??) Horrible experience and I will never go back. There is a motel 6 across the street, perhaps there will be a room availble there when I return.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed August 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New Orleans, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

It's an okay hotel, everything is fairly new, the room has a refrigerator and microwave which is nice, and the breakfast is quite good. As for the rooms, my bed wasn't very comfortable, the decorations were not nice (much less the color scheme), and in general the room would get annoying very quickly. If you're looking for a cheap hotel for one night and typically like La Quinta I'm sure you'll find it worth the money but if you travel a lot and want a slightly better experience I would definitely recommend elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

Curtious staff, convenient to shopping, dining and highway. I did have a minor incident with the room, but the staff responded appropriately and resolved the problem very quickly. I also received a signed note from the manager along with a basket of goodies. The response was more than expected or needed, but was much appreciated.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

For its class (i.e. simple on-the-road accomodation) this property is quite good. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and best of all, they had hot breakfast in the morning (waffles you make yourself, and biscuits & gravy). We'd stay here again.

Stayed June 2008
Surrey, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

For $66/night, you get a big clean room with a microwave, mini-fridge and in-room coffee, plus cookies in the evening, plus a hot breakfast in the morning.... complete with juice, coffee, hot chocolate, fruit, yogurt, cereal, waffles, bagels, toast - everything you need for a great breakfast!

The staff was very friendly - and extremely Pet Friendly. With the flyball (dog) tournament going on, the hotel was full of dogs - and there is no extra charge for having the dogs there. That is GREAT for dog owners.

Now I did wonder to myself if any non-dog guests were put out by this at all - do they get warned? What if others are allergic to dogs?

Since I have dogs, and had such a great experience here, I can't imagine staying in any other hotel when I have my dogs with me.

• Liked — No fee for pets - great breakfast
  • Disliked — No sit-down restaurants nearby - only fast food
  • Stayed April 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2008

The La Quinta email showed a weekend rate of 49$ so we cancelled our reservation with another hotel to give LQ a try. It was definitely worth the discounted rate although not my first choice of hotels in the area.

La Quinta Wilsonville is a budget hotel with upgrades. They have recently renovated so the rooms look freshly decorated with bright bedspreads, tile floors and granite countertops. A closer look reveals some older fixtures such as the low flow showerhead and dark worn cabinets in the kitchenette. However the kitchenette was spacious with new fridge and freezer, microwave and bar sink, long counter and cabinets for storage.

Some things at the hotel were lacking. The elevator seemed rickety and made clunking noises. Some of our room towels were stained and threadbare to the point of being holey. The pool is outdoors and was closed, there is no spa. The halls smelled stinky when we arrived but the rooms smelled OK and were very clean. Our beds looked new with cushy (very soft) pillowtop mattress but the bottom sheets were not deep enough to fit properly and came off while we slept. When we rolled over, the bottom sheet would roll up and by morning it was all wadded up on top of the mattress.

The hotel does have some nice features. One room on the first floor has been converted into an exercise room with a good stair machine and treadmill, although the two exercise bikes did not work. There is a laundry room and a computer with internet access in the lobby. The rooms had a full line up of TV channels. The pleasant breakfast room was off the lobby in a greenhouse area. The food was good with a waffle machine, fresh fruit, and hardboiled eggs, cottage cheese and yogurt, in additions to the usual breads and cereals. Coffee was good and black tea bags available.

The hotel was easy to find, right off I-5 which means there was some freeway noise but not bothersome in our room away from the road. I liked the operable windows for fresh air. The front desk manager and staff worked hard to provide good customer service. The hotel was adequate for our needs and we would stay here again.

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — rickety sounding elevator
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to La Quinta Inn Wilsonville? Share your experiences!