A great place if you want to get away for a couple of days somewhere quiet. I travelled on my own and got quite bored, so it was certainly quiet enough. I would go again, but with a group of friends. Service is friendly, even though a little on the slow side. Rooms are pretty nice, public spaces are not in the greatest condition and people seem to smoke pretty much everywhere. The casino was really sad and I just did a walk-through and did not go back. Buffet was barely OK and the actual menu items in the same restaurant were pretty bad. Unfortunately there are no other restaurants nearby. No wonder many visitors seemed to arrive with coolers. Hotel pool is nice, the public village pool is a lot bigger, but very crowded with day-pass people. I paid $159/night, which seems a little steep.
- Also Known As:
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Resort And Casino
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Hotel Warm Springs
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kah-Nee-Ta Resort and Spa offers a variety of accommodations from suites and private view balcony rooms in the Lodge to Village suites and teepees and even a full-service RV Park. Every option is close to all the fun and diverse activities available at Kah-Nee-Ta.Kah-Nee-Ta Village was completed in 1964 and named for the Indian woman Xnitla, "Root Digger" who had owned the property. Xnitla was a scout and spiritual leader who used the natural hot springs and indigenous plants and roots for medicinal purposes and religious ceremonies. The Lodge and Convention Center opened in 1972Kah-Nee-Ta Resort is located on the 600,000+ Sq Acre Warm Springs Indian Reservation. It is owned and operated by the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs. The Warm Springs Reservation was established by The Treaty of 1855 on a small reserve of land where our ancestors lived for thousands of years. In 1937 the Wasco, Paiute and Warm Springs Tribes organized as the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs and became a sovereign, self-governing nation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Agoda so you can book your Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.