My husband and I have been going to Kah-nee-ta resort for the past two years. We started there in 2010 as we celebrated our honeymoon, and anticipate our return each year. We are not gamblers so the moving of the casino is no big deal to us. We absolutly love the scenic drive there from Portland and feel an utter peace as we climb the mountain to Warm Springs. We have golfed the lush greens and rode the horses through the canyon, which was absolutly breathtaking and amazing!! We invision a family trip in the next year when our granddaughter is old enough to enjoy the natural beauty that Kah-nee-ta has to offer. I cant wait to get there this coming Monday 6/4/2012...
I reccomend to all,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kah-Nee-Ta Resort and Spa offers a variety of accommodations from suites and private view balcony rooms in the Lodge to Village suites and teepees and even a full-service RV Park. Every option is close to all the fun and diverse activities available at Kah-Nee-Ta.Kah-Nee-Ta Village was completed in 1964 and named for the Indian woman Xnitla, "Root Digger" who had owned the property. Xnitla was a scout and spiritual leader who used the natural hot springs and indigenous plants and roots for medicinal purposes and religious ceremonies. The Lodge and Convention Center opened in 1972Kah-Nee-Ta Resort is located on the 600,000+ Sq Acre Warm Springs Indian Reservation. It is owned and operated by the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs. The Warm Springs Reservation was established by The Treaty of 1855 on a small reserve of land where our ancestors lived for thousands of years. In 1937 the Wasco, Paiute and Warm Springs Tribes organized as the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs and became a sovereign, self-governing nation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Kah-Nee-Ta Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Resort And Casino
- Kah-Nee-Ta High Desert Hotel Warm Springs