“Up and coming resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alsi Resort

Oregon
“Up and coming resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

It's nice to see that the new management and new name (Alsi) of this Waldport resort is bringing it back to the popularity it had years ago when it was the Bayshore Inn. The hotel is clean, the staff is nice, there's a continental breakfast included, and the location is perfect within walking distance of the bay and the ocean. Be sure to make reservations directly as it's cheaper than through search engines like Expedia.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Veneta, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel was amazingly clean, especially considering the number of pets staying there. We had a partial bay view (particularly nice for the 3rd of July fireworks), and comfortable beds. The mattress was very soft (a problem for my bad back, but not for my family.)

I'm sorry the restaurant, the factor that lead me to reserve a room here, was closed, but that clearly couldn't be helped. The staff was extremely helpful, and kind, to my family, dog, and I, and we had a lovely time romping on sand.

One caution: there's a field which looks like an inviting way to walk back from the shore. If you're walking with a dog, don't: very sharp burrs will get between pads, and basically everywhere. Fortunately, our dog was very patient with me-- way less whiny than I felt as I was plucking the burrs, for sure.

Room Tip: I agree that a bay view or partial bay view would be the most lovely.
SF Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Don't panic if you can't find Soul Vacation Resort at the provided address. The name had been changed to Alsi Resort but for some reason it is not updated on Expedia. The size of our double bed room is adequate, but the bathroom is too small and there is not enough space to put my personal items around the sink. The password-protected WiFi has excellent range and strength! The continental breakfast is a bit basic but still nicer than most other motels I stayed.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

To be fair I was very excited to spend the evening at the Soul Vacation Resort! My stay was scheduled for the Monday after their grand opening, July 1, 2013. My main reason for choosing this place was the beach access, gluten free dining, and on site lounge. When we checked in the first thing that we noticed was that the restaurant and lounge were closed. This surprised me because I had personally called to make sure the dining facility was available. The very young gentleman that registered us explained that there had been some kind of emergency the night before that caused the chef and the bartender to quit. After getting to our room, I completely understood that need to flee. No central air of any kind, base board heat. Out dated rooms, dirty bathroom, and general unsafe feeling. I have never asked for my money back at a hotel, but I did not feel like I had a choice, there was NO way I was going to stay in that place, especially considering the room rates are WAY out of line with the quality of this establishment. I used Trip Advisor reviews to make my decision to reserve my stay and I do not want someone else to go that far out of their way to stay in a place like this, by the way after getting our money back we fortunately found an awesome room in Lincoln CIty, Oregon where we comfortably stayed at the Comfort Inn for a mere $30.00 more per night.

GF Girl

Room Tip: I think I said all that needed to be said! I rated the service as average because I do not thing it...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Salem, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

One of the only hotels in Waldport (according to the Chamber of Commerce) to view 4th of July fireworks. We weren't disappointed by the Firework show; just the hotel. Rooms are extremely small; we stayed in a 2 queens room with a bay view. Not all rooms have a microwave and or a refrigerator so call ahead. Pets are allowed (extra charge) and have a large area of grass and near by small rocky beach cove. Check your comforter and sheets shortly after arrival. We discovered what appeared to be fur from a short haired dog. After Manager inspection housekeeping remade the beds. Unfortunately, the restaurant on site was closed (hopefully will reopen soon}. Pool was protected from wind and very nicely set up. I think with remodeling and freshening up this would be a nice resort.

Room Tip: Reserve a room with a Bay View!
Medford, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The location of this resort is perfect. The front desk person was friendly, but did not give good references to local restaurants. The room was nicely located and comfortable . . .especially the bed! It would have been nice to have a small refrigerator. The room did have a safe. Everything seemed clean, until I found a wad of long black hair on the floor in the bathroom! Better cleaning is in order! Also, they need to bleach their white towels and especially wash clothes, as 2 of them had stains from past makeup removal. . . I did finally find an unstained one to use. The back of the hotel offers picnic tables and firepits for siting by the bay . . nice touch. We slept well and the buffet breakfast was very substantial, with hard boiled eggs, fruit (strawberries!), cereal, doughnuts, and lots of coffee and tea.

Room Tip: Ask for bay view room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bend, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

No, it's not a resort but for the price, we thought it was just fine. We had a great view and could drive to yachats and newport quickly. We were able to bring our dogs which is a bonus for us. It's nothing fancy but it was clean and nice for the price.

Room Tip: Top floor down towards the end has great views...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Alsi Resort? Share your experiences!