“Better values elsewhere!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Alsi Resort

Save Saved
You added Alsi Resort to your Saves list
Alsi Resort
2.0 of 5 Spa   |   902 NW Bayshore Dr., Hwy 101, Exit W. on Bayshore, Waldport, OR 97394 (Formerly Waldport Beach Resort)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Waldport
New York City, New York
“Better values elsewhere!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011 via mobile

The service was extremely rude and condisending! They even lied about what was in the hotel and around it. The room was very dirty, to the point of dirt smears on the towels in the bathroom, goo on the windows, and hair in the bed. Then to top it off the location of this so called resort, is in a peninsula away from food and attractions like the beach. The sand dunes in this peninsula are actually beginning to consume the houses on the ocean side. Many homes are already vacant or for sale. This is not a resort.. Simply an over priced stay on ones trip down the coast.

• Stayed July 2011

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Shingle Springs, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

We didn't want to stay in the urban area and Soul Resort provided us with that choice. The accomodations were very clean and convenient.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Tillamook, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

My wife had called to book our reservation, had asked specifically had asked them if their was a complimentary breakfast and they had told her yes only to find out they didn't. We originally booked a room that had a full kitchenette to only get a room that combined together with no microwave and fridge. The next morning I go downstairs and talk to the manager and she straightens out the problem and gave me a quote of $290. And instead I end up paying $343 for two rooms. And I had paid cash for these rooms to only have them charge me another $170 on my card. So beware of what you pay for my family and I will not be staying here again. I called the front desk and asked if they had the disney channel and they said they didn't know and hung up on me. Before I checked out they said their manager will call me back so we can work out the problems we had. I'm still waiting for the phone call 2 days later. Oh by the way watch the swimming pool it has some sharp edges in it and three of my kids got couple of punctures on their toes.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Monmouth, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the resort on the 3rd of July, after the hassle of booking the room (booked through a third party originally, only to call the hotel on the day we would check in to find out that the room we booked was not available, so we ended up booking a more expensive room directly with the hotel) we got to the resort and the room was not ready yet, so we went out and got some food for the evening to be brought back to our room. We got a call saying the room was ready. We got sent to the wrong room first. Once we finally made it to our room, we did not have a bay view even a partial one like we booked. Our view was of the parking lot :( There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room, and after asking about one we only were able to get a microwave. So I had to leave again to buy coolers and ice to put the perishable items in. The faucet and handles to the jaccuzi tub were loose. We could hear everything... over all we were sorely dissapointed with our stay. It was suppossed to be a relaxing getaway on our days off from work and what we got was more stress. We will not be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Lake Oswego, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

We had a wonderful mothers day at the Soul Vacation Resort in Waldport.
The view was fabulous and the room clean and comfortable. Beautiful tiled bathroom and cute deck going from our room to the beautiful lawn next to the bay.
We had mothers day dinner in the Rumi restaurant and it was amazing.
We will be back! Jen and Bill

Room Tip: room 145 was perfect for us and our small children
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

I don't think the windows have ever seen window cleaner. There were no screens on the windows. The staff was rude. The stairs were dirty and the walls were worse. Spider webs all over the place and seagull droppings. The best part of this dump was to be able to stand outside and look at all the beach houses for rent that I should have chosen instead. Will never stay here again. Fitness center??? LOL if that is what you call it. It is all broken down equipment and it is creepy to use.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
rumirestaurant, Manager at Alsi Resort, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
The property has been totally renovated and under new ownership as of 2011.
Stanwood. Wa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

We tried this place because we heard it wasn't bad for the price and it allowed dogs, for a fee. It is a dump with bad service and filthy. I noticed this hotel is for sale. I think they have simply given up. Garbage in the yard and dog poop everywhere. After two nights the same garbage was still in the yard. The halls and rooms had a strong smell of fried fish, even though our room was at the opposite end of the hotel from the restaurant. They got my reservations all wrong. Had me coming in the next day. No one at the desk at 6 pm. You have to call on a phone and the hotel manager comes, eventually. The phone in the room didn't work. No attempt to fix it. The water ran hot and cold in the shower even if you didn't touch the sink water. The mattress on the bed had a sink hole in the middle. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed before our arrival. The window does not have a screen on it, so bugs can come in, and you have to open a window because it got really hot in there and no air conditioning. The main floor room I had reserved was not available and we ended up on the second floor. No elevator. Which was really hard on my bad knees. The pool was not heated. Too cold to swim. We tried the Fish and Chips. They were overcooked, tasted bad, served with hard cold fries and were expensive. There are a lot better places to stay in the area. Don't give these folks business when they could care less about the comfort of their guests, or maintaining at least the cleanliness of the place.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
The property has been totally renovated and under new ownership as of 2011.

Been to Alsi Resort? Share your experiences!