“beatiful bay and bridge view” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Waldport Newport KOA

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Waldport
Waldport Newport KOA
Save Saved
You added Waldport Newport KOA to your Saves list
1330 NW Pacific Coast Hwy 101, Waldport, OR 97394   |
peachwhit33
“beatiful bay and bridge view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed in Mamaws Lodge, a two room cabin that sleeps six. Having a full sized refrigerator, a stove, and a kitchen sink is a big draw. I love the feeling of camping in luxury (having easy access to showers, etc.). this was a great place to have as our home base. The drive to Newport is about 25 minutes away, and Lincoln City is about an hour away. I'm not sure what there is to do in Waldport, though there are some good restaurants in town. The campground was quiet, even though it was very full for Father's Day weekend. The staff were friendly and helpful. I was trying to get some of my laundry done and went to the office for some quarters. The office was not yet open, but two of the employees were waiting outside to begin work. One of the employees offered to give me the six quarters that she had in her wallet. I found that to be a kind gesture. I also mentioned to the employees that there were ants on the kitchen counter and the employees said that they were not aware of that, but that it would be taken care of.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed here in mid April and had a good stay this was one of many stays on a month long trip and we were happy with this KOA. When we arrived the office was not open, they have limited hours, but once we checked in with the night board and a few hours later we met the owner and formally checked in. She was very nice and our son loved her cat that she had in the office. We had a regular spot and because there where not many people we got a little view of the ocean. We got ourselves settled in and then went for a walk, they have a little trail down to the water, it is a bit steep however. Our son loved playing in the sand and the view was really nice. The only problem we had was one of the showers smelled like someone showered their dog in it but that's not the owners fault but I cant help but think if the owners were at the KOA for more hours they might have caught this. We stayed for one night and had a great stay and would come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This was my first KOA camping experience in Oregon and we feel spoiled and cannot wait to return.

Our group consisted of 15 people and 2 dogs. The staff was wonderful from the initial reservation where they placed us in cabins next to one another to the time we turned in our keys. Ron was awesome and helped us get the community camp fire going by offering some fun torch power and even some extra long grilling tools to keep us at safe distance from the fire. The bathrooms and showers are centrally located, there are two playgrounds close by so the kids can play independently and there is even a mini stage.

The heat in the cabins worked very well and the mini fridges saved us on cooler space/ice consumption. The TV's (with basic cable) in the cabins are just an added bonus (especially for kids).

Curfew is 10pm but our group was outside and playing poker and eating s'mores in abundance into the wee hours. General rule of thumb, just be considerate and mindful of your neighbors and you'll have no issues staying out past 10pm.

Each campsite has its own fire pit with small area to grille and a picnic table. In photos I didn't like the gravel outside of the cabin and hoped it was grass, but it was a saving grace as we never dealt with mud or dirt. If you forget something, the little KOA store is reasonably priced considering. We got 6 travel cups with lids for coffee for $3 and jumbo marshmallows for $3.

The view is beautiful and we can't wait to return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Everett, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Decided not to go as it was cold there. 57 degrees & 100 in Cali where we are at so decided to stay. So when we called I thought it would be a $!0 cancellation fee but they charged us $52. Thats with more than 72 hrs notice!!
I feel that is too steep and will never decide to book there again! Seems greedy as most KOA is $10 with 48 hr notice.
NOT RECOMMEND DUE TO LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Peoples plans change, and feel they not respect that. Was ready and willing to pay the $10 and they wouldn't budge on the $52.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
salem
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

My wife and I reserved a cabin on what we thought was a special deal on the internet and a cabin with a Kitchen. The staff guy checking us in gave us the key and said "bow chicka wow wow" which I found inappropriate. Turned out that somehow the automatic reservation for KOA reserved us the honeymoon cabin! Since the dude was inappropriate regardless of what kind of cabin was rented, we got our money refunded and left. Had to pay a $10 cancellation fee. I think KOA owes me $10

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Bisbee, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

My wife and I had been RVing it along the Oregon coast, but my work called for a bit more connectivity than we could get on our wi-fi cards at the nearby state park.
We found this KOA - as KOAs go - to be nice, clean and friendly.
We asked for the site with the bridge view and got to enjoy the light on the water all morning and afternoon... excellent.
A bit more pricey than the state parks, but you get a KOA... with all that it entails!
Would we come back.. you bet!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

Just returned from a weekend in Newport and stayed in one of the cabins at the Waldport KOA. I concur with everyone else's positive comments. The staff was super friendly from the moment we arrived to when we left; the campground and facilities were clean; there were adequate bathrooms/showers; bike rentals and multiple playgrounds for the kids; pool table/communal fire pit and benches for socializing; ice-cream social on Saturday night; Water pipe/firepit/picnic table/porch swing at front of each cabin; parking next to each cabin; TV/DVD/dorm fridge in cabin; one reviewer mentioned everything was too close so no privacy, I saw it as a positive, since our neighbors on either side had kids of their own and everyone was friendly and "neighborly" which made our stay there even more enjoyable.
As for the surrounding area - there are so many things to see and do, from the view of the bay, the nearby beach (kids spent hours there!), the Newport Aquarium, Rogue Brewery Tour, great places to eat, the lighthouses...I can't compliment this place enough for providing a clean, family-friendly place to stay while we explored the Oregon Coast. We definitley plan to return, and stay longer next time!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Waldport Newport KOA? Share your experiences!