“Wine with a view” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 11 Attractions in Tualatin
Type: Tours, Food & Drink
More attraction details
Owner description: We will show you why we are passionate about Northwest wine!
Marietta, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
“Wine with a view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My wife and I were looking for just the right person to lead us on a wine tour of the Columbia River Gorge. Requirements for the job: prompt, convenient, engaging, friendly, informative, scenic, and of course chocked full of nifty wines that perhaps we have never tasted.
Thanks to our man, Scott, all requirements were satisfied and more.
We visited Marchesi, Wilson Creek, AniChi, Syncline, and Domaine Pouillon. 4 wineries in one day were plenty for the little lady and me, but all had very distinctive differences. Marchesi specialized in Italian type wines, Wilson Creek (situated next to a golf course) hired in a wine maker from Burgundy to make an incredible Pinot we tasted, AniChi was a funky, picturesque winery that specialized in incredible blends, beauty abounds at Syncline where you feel you are right in the middle of the wine making process, and finally Domaine Pouillon where owner Alexis took the time to make us feel right at home while tasting some of his awesome wines.
Thanks to Scott, owner and chief bottle washer with Uncorked NW wine tours, we had just the exact wine experience we were looking for coming from Georgia all the way to the west coast.

Visited April 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Two excellent wine tours!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My husband and I have gone on two wine tours with Scott. First we took my parents with us and we had such a great time, we took my husband's parents the second time. Scott is extremely personable and enjoyable to be around-and he knows his wine! Everything is taken care of when you book with NW Wine Tours. It was so nice that we did not have to drive or worry about finding the wineries. They provide a delicious cheese, meat and cracker tray as well. We enjoyed both of our experiences with Scott and would highly recommend you book NW Wine Tours for your next wine tour!

Visited April 2013
Oceanside, California
“"Great 1st Experience"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We were a group of four, I booked with Scott at Uncorked for my Sister's 40th birthday. Everyone was a newbie to wine touring except me, this was my 5th time. We went to four wineries in the Northern Willamette Valley that Scott selected for us. He chose wineries that were perfect for everyone. We really enjoyed visiting Willakenzie and Zerba. We had a wonderful experience. Scott was very knowledgeable and engaging, but knew when to step away and allow us girls to chat also. We took some wonderful pictures of the great scenery. Scott put together a wonderful pairing sampler and explained which wines complimented which food item. I can say I've never been on a better wine tour, this was my 5th time. The girls were so amazed at how much fun we had and would definitely do this again.

Visited February 2013
Lancaster, California
“Lots of fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I took a tour with Uncorked after the holidays. She's a big fan of Pinot Noir and Oregon makes some of the best. Scott gave us a great tour. We hit up 3 separate vineyards and 2 tasting rooms before everything closed down. The started around 10:30 and ended right around 5pm Scott gave us a grand tour of all the different soil types of the Willamette Valley. He's very knowledgeable of the whole area it seemed like. At every stop we took, he seemed to know everyone.
At the Willakenzie vineyard we stopped had a little wine pairing sampler and then got a tour of the facilities. It was a good little spread with cheeses, salami, and other little snackes. Good to hold you over, later we stopped for a great lunch, but the name of the place escapes me. They had a great wood fire pizza though.
We ended up buying 12 bottles of wine through out the day and Scott was even able to get us a shipping box for all of the wine.

I would definitely recommend Scott's tour.

Visited December 2012
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great way to tour Oregon Wine Country, even in a monsoon....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We read the great reviews about Uncorked Northwest Wine Tours and Scott online and decided to give him a try. Scott picked us up promptly at 10:30am from our hotel and we were off. The day we selected to do our wine tour happened to be one of the worst weather days while we were in Portland, but it ended up working out to our advantage, as a lot of the tasting rooms of the wineries we visited were very slow or in some cases, it was just us tasting – so more wine for us.

Scott took us to four wineries during our tour, starting off with his very own Willa-Kenzie where Scott is also employed part-time and very knowledgable so we recommend adding this as a stop onto your tour, then we went onto Bergstrom, followed by Domaine Serene and finished up finally at Argyle. Scott prepared a meat, cheese, fruit and chocolate pairing tray that was great with the wines we sampled at Willa-Kenzie. Scott was very knowledgable, professional and kept the entire day very entertaining. Uncorked Northwest Wine Tours is a great way to see Oregon Wine Country and we highly recommend him.

Visited November 2012