“Commending an employee” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn and Suites Tualatin - Portland South

You added Comfort Inn and Suites Tualatin - Portland South to your Saves list
Comfort Inn and Suites Tualatin - Portland South
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7640 SW Warm Springs Street, Tualatin, OR 97062 (Formerly La Quinta Inn and Suites Tualatin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Tualatin
Renton, WA
“Commending an employee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2010

Dear Mr. Kraft:

I would like to commend an employee, Gilbert, at the front desk of
your property in Tualatin, Oregon for his quick thinking and kindness
Thursday evening, August 19, 2010.

I made a reservation by phone on Tuesday of that week, but when I
printed out the reservation I did not check the details as I usually
do because I was in a hurry. When I went to check in Thursday night,
Gilbert informed me that my reservation was for the previous night and
I had been charged as a no show. I explained what had happened on my
end and he promptly moved the payment from Wednesday to Thursday and
accommodated me with a room.

I know I told the reservation agent the day and the date of my travel
and I have never had this kind of a mix up happen before. I am so
grateful that Gilbert could make the switch for me. Thank you for
hiring quick-thinking employees who put the guests needs first. It is
a refreshing change.

His behavior also encouraged me to sign up for Choice Rewards and I
now look forward to staying at more Choice Hotels as I travel back to
Colorado.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
chowmein2012, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Tualatin - Portland South, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Thank you so much for staying with us. I have passed on your review to Gilbert. He is an exceptional employee and am very honored to have him as a member of my team. We hope that you will stay in the future and tell your friends about us!

Brandon Kraft, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

Booked my reservation online via Expedia with no troubles,received confirmation accordingly, arrived on schedule during which time I was greeted with an expression of disgust!! the front desk clerk was less than accommodating and seemed preoccupied with personal matters, her demeanor was completely unacceptable, and upon checking into my room found the accommodations to be as comforting as a low budget motel, the rooms were disgusting as the previous post had stated, dust was everywhere, the television would not function correctly and required me to reach behind the entertainment center into a pile of webs and dust to plug it back in,I've stayed here in the past and have never had an experience at any other place as i have with this one. I would certainly not recommend this hotel to any other business traveler.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and I wanted to respond to your concerns about your stay back in August.

Throughout the months of July through August and part of September the hotel underwent a change in management and 80% employee turnover. During those months there was a lot of high stress learning an entirely new environment and all of the changes that occurred. Your post on Trip Advisor brought to light an area that was lacking in the midst of the chaos. Exceptional Customer Service. I wanted to let you know that this area has been re-assessed and reviewed and some changes have been made. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so it could be addressed.

As for the cleanliness of the hotel room I wanted to let you know of the changes that I have implemented over the last 6 months since arriving the first of July. Since July we have replaced all vacuums with brand new Sanitare hepa filter uprights, changed our dusting to the Swiffer way of dusting and replaced our upholstery cleaner to take care of stubborn stain issues.

We pride ourselves with our Platinum award and obviously on your stay did not live up to that reputation. I hope we have the chance to make that up to you someday in the near future.

Thank you again for our review and hope to see you soon!

Brandon Kraft- General Manager
Tacoma, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Like too many Comfort Inns, this property is getting a little shabby. We've stayed here several times in the last five years, and this time we saw a disturbing decline. Our room had a stain on the sofa, carpet looked grimy and worn, light bulb out over the sink, dirt and dust visible under the microfridge, and discarded napkins and dust bunnies homesteading behind the nightstand. Add to that a rude clerk when we checked in (we felt we were disturbing her evening), and being blocked at the breakfast bar by two employees loading up on eggs and waffles, and the overall impression was not good. It's interesting this property has a banner proudly announcing their "2010 Platinum Award," but for what???

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel back in August. We have made many improvements to processes and our level of commitment to satisfaction since you were with us last. I reviewed your comments in your review of your stay and am pleased to say all of your concerns have been addressed since this post.

A few items we have done are: replace every vacuum in the hotel with brand new Sanitaire upright hepa filter vacuums, replaced old methods of dusting with the new and improved Swiffer way of dusting, included an extra final inspection step by the lead housekeeper daily and purchased a new upholstery cleaner that will remedy stains.

I appreciate your feedback in August and wanted to let you know about our follow through on your complaint. I hope you will join us again soon and allow us to gain back your trust as our customer and as a Choice Hotels frequent traveler.

Brandon Kraft, -General Manager
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

Service was fantastic, the rooms were huge and quiet. The breakfast that was served was amazing, so much choice! Hot and cold... Wish I could have stayed here longer. Really top notch.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Bend
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

I was very impressed with this hotel as it did not appear to be a pet friendly hotel yet was very accommodating. The hospitality shown from every service person we interacted with was really fantastic. I would stay here again with my dog in a heart beat

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

Going out friends is always fun, we,10 friends, stayed in this hotel and extremely satisfied! I liked the free breakfast here:)
I would say this is probably the best hotel in portland for people going with frenz and family. Indian restaurants are very near from this hotel

• Stayed May 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bend, Or.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2009

We had to make a fast trip to Portland from Bend. We were tired and needed a vacation. Spending one night was all we could afford. The customer service at the Tualtin Comfort Inn is excellent as well as friendly. Gilbert checked us in and saw to it our check in was smooth and adiquite to our needs, not to mention the warm cookies he had on hand. Then next morning was like being company at a really nice home. Breakfast was cooking and the ladies at the desk were warm and friendly. I wished we could of stayed longer to get caught up on our rest. I look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites Tualatin - Portland South? Share your experiences!