“Stay away” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale

You added Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale to your Saves list
Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1610 NW Frontage Road, I-84 at Exit 17, Troutdale, OR 97060   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Troutdale
oregon
“Stay away”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Not only was the room awful but they made the other person with me fill out paper work.

This place is full of all kinds of low life.

Including the check in staff. Real low life quality people.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
m60407, General Manager at Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
I am sorry that your stay with us was not what was expected. I take pride in our motel and I would hope that any time you have a problem you would let us know so that we can make the stay a Great one. In response to having all parties register at the front desk is to insure the safety of our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Salem, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

We have stayed at this motel for the past 6 years in mid July while attending the nearby Highland Games. Our stays have been from 2 to 4 nights at a time. We have always felt welcome and quite comfortable with our accommodations. The staff has always been very friendly and helpful and retain some of the same employees from year to year. It is, of course a typical Motel 6, which is usually basic but clean. The motel is very convenient (within walking distance) to fast food and family restaurants. It is also close to the Columbia Premium Outlets. We would not think of staying anywhere else when we visit the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Gresham, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

How To Improve Satisfaction
Nothing I can think of....Room service and Valet Parking LOL....I saw families with kids and pets having a great time...My husband and I were having a romantic getaway on a budget and the room was very quiet...thankyou

Positive comments about staff
Referred us to excellent dining and local treats.... The staff were excellent all around..... We have stayed here before and will stay again...Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!! The location is a tough one but the staff and cleanliness and hospitality are so consistent that we keep coming back....A SAFE PLACE TO STAY...and the pool and room are so clean and quiet. ThankYou. KUDOS

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Weiser, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

Stopped here as it was convenient to Portland, but not right in the middle of town. Also, was supposed to have a discount through our National Sheriff Association. They claimed they had no record of such a discount, even though NSA touts it on their website. The room smelled horrible, and thank God we brought our own pillows and blankets. Slept with the window open to help with the stench, and awoke in the morning to hear other guests complaining of the stink. There were several unsavory types prowling the parking lot, and we couldn't get out of there soon enough. I guess when your hotel is at the end of a dirt road off the main highway, it should be some sort of indication how creepy it's going to be.

• Stayed May 2010
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

The bed consisted of a filthy blanket with thin scratchy sheets; the carpeting was stained; and the whole room stunk. The train right outside the window is quite loud and goes by frequently. Unsavory types hanging around. I wish I had read these reviews before booking my stay!

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
LA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2008

Yes I'm been to a million motel 6s and i rate this one second worst in America.
it's incredibly inconvenient, hour plus to portland with traffic in the morning. i picked it because there wasnt really anything else in portland on a weekend night and i was too tired to keep looking. it was filthy, dirty, a long wait for service, really ugly, right next to the highway ramp and loud. i asked for a first floor room, they said they didnt have any like they always do when half the place is empty, so my dog had to walk up these terrifying open metal steps. i asked for something quiet so they put me in the corner where everyone had to walk around, and i had to park my car quite far from the room and carry all my stuff upstairs.

in the morning some of their gardeners came over and blew me and my stuff with their leaf blower all over my car, so that i dropped money and a credit card and they stole both. i came back within a few minutes, looked everywhere, asked the front desk clerk, asked them, they lied and said they didnt see it when they were the only ones out there. i then got fraudulent charges on my card, had to get it turned off, etc. wish i'd slept in my car.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Dirty, noisy, scary people, far from Portland city, ugly, bad room, smelled, stolen from
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2008

On our way back from our midwestern vacation we stayed at a local hotel before heading home (its a vacation tradition). Well we thought we would stay at the Motel 6 in Troutdale since we enjoy the outlet mall nearby. Now I know Motel 6's are known for being pretty basic, but this was horrible. We checked in and got to the room. Well the smell was just WAY to disgusting to be in. I'm not sure what it was, maybe the sent of a recently decomposed body? I don't know, but I nearly vomited. Anyway, we ask for a different room and it was on the other section of the building and the smell was still there. Not as strong, but it was there! Well needless to say we asked for a refund and left.

• Liked — Nothing!
  • Disliked — The smell!
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale? Share your experiences!