“Very welcoming feeling from staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale

You added Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale to your Saves list
Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1610 NW Frontage Road, I-84 at Exit 17, Troutdale, OR 97060   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Troutdale
Los Angeles, California
“Very welcoming feeling from staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I checked in for a two night stay and was very pleased.The young lady at the check in counter Alicia,was very busy and had a long line of guests checking in but even though she was so busy she greeted everyone walking through the door and made me feel like it was worth the wait and she would be right with us.We got to our room and noticed the blankets weren't on the beds so we called her and she said she had a lobby full of people and was not able to leave the office as she was the only one behind the desk but said give her about a half hour and she would lock up the office and run back and grab the blankets.She went out of her way to make us feel important. And I couldn't stop ranting about how accommodating she was to my Mother when she picked me from the airport..Cons: way to many barking dogs.wifi was not free and also you could tell that there is actual tenants that live there for long periods of time which gives off a very dirty first impression.

• Stayed July 2012
m60407, Manager at Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for lets us know how well you were treated by the staff (Alicia) and I will pass this on. I am sorry for the impression that you got with the guests that we have. Unfortunately with our rates being so low compared to all the other Hotels/Motels in the area we do get a number of displaced persons staying with us. Motel 6 has been pet friendly since we started and we do try to get our guests to keep the pets under control and asked to clean up after them, Thank you again for bring these thing to my attention and hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Penticton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

we had a mix up on our reservations, We arrived Sunday, our reservation was for Saturday.
Rather than charge us for Saturday & Sunday the lady behind the desk did something on the computer and before ,I could plead my case, or say anything, She didn't charge me for Saturday and checked us into room away from the road noise, at the internet rate. Did I mention this was a motel 6.

Room Tip: see if you can get a room away from the highway
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
m60407, Manager at Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
I want to thank you are this response. We try our very best to provide a clean, comfortable and safe room. I hope to be there for you when you come back in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

First the +s are a great location (right at the start of the Historic 30 drive past the waterfalls, etc), the price at $40 + tax, staff nice, lots of TV stations, lighting was good, and it had a firm bed at least in my room. The -s are definitely some road noise (5 on a scale from 1 to 10), the typical Motel 6 TV set from 15 years ago, the parking was just okay.

Room Tip: Might want to get a room in the middle of the complex since the place is bracketed by busy I-84 on t...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
m60407, General Manager at Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
I am happy to see another guest that had a good experience at our location. Sorry about the noise but not much we can do to stop the train or traffic but we try to put you somewhere a little less noisey.
Mosier, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Not all parties that Kyle has encountered have been quite as friendly as the folks at Camp 18. I am going to tell you about our problems at Motel 6 in Troutdale and then ask for your help. When our Hero arrived there after 75 miles on the road he was going to be treated to an overnight stay to clean up by a local veteran. I had called ahead to make the financial arrangements as I often do when we help families with a soldier in the hospital, etc. We had gotten the confirmation that everything was a go and I gave that number to Kyle. However, when he showed up at Motel 6, the manager told him it was against their policy to accept a third party reservation without my having faxed in a copy of our Visa debit card number and a signature. When Kyle tried to explain what was going on, she became rude and he ended up leaving so that he wouldn’t say something he regretted due to his exhaustion and physical condition.

I called the woman when I found out what happened and told her that Kyle should have been given a chair and a glass of ice water while they worked out the problem. Instead, he had to backtrack ½ mile to Comfort Suites, where they went overboard to offer hospitality – providing him with a suite at steep discount and telling him about breakfast and other food options.

I told the manager at Motel 6 that military families make up only 1 percent of the nation’s population and we, as well as our supporters, take it very seriously when one of our own is mistreatment and she should have gone the extra mile to remedy the situation. With that said, I am going to send you the contact information for Motel 6, as well as the contact information for Comfort Suites and Camp 18. I would really appreciate it if everyone took a moment to let Motel 6 know what they think about this treatment of a soldier and thank the other two businesses for their great care of our Hero. It is important that Motel 6 learn to handle things differently if this situation arises again and that the Comfort Suites and Camp 18 know that we appreciate their efforts for our Hometown Hero.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
First thing is that we are very sorry that there was a miscommunication between the person making the reservation and the Reservation Center. I just want to let everyone that many of us here in Troutdale have many love ones that are in the military and we have the highest respect for all that have or are putting their lives on the line for our freedom. We now know that the caller wanted to do a Third Party Reservation in order to pay for Kyle's room. The information that was given to the GSR on duty was the bare minimum of information that did not say that it was to be Third Party Reservation. When Kyle got there and was advised that the reservation was not paid for we did not have the opportunity to try to correct the problem before he left. I again am sorry that we did not have that opportunity. We have sent Kyle an apology letter and compensated a few nights for in the future. We are truly sorry for the way that all that have heard about this got the wrong impression that we did care because that is far from the truth. Again, we are truly sorry for this incident.
Baker City, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

The drive from the stoplight should have been a clue. It was full of chuckholes and nearly bottomed out in places. Staff was spooky, room was filthy with hair all over the bathroom. And the noises -- sounded like construction, banging and thumping all hours of the night. Miss this place at all costs. Not worth the hassle and fear of disease!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
m60407, General Manager at Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
I am truely sorry that you had such a bad expierence at our location. We work hard at making things right with our guests and if there is something that you had a problem we ask for you to let us know. I am sorry again that I did not get the chance to make it right with you. On the driveway I have been trying to stay up on it but for the last three months the ODOT has been working on the off ramps and they have been using the driveway and lot next door for the large equipment and accessing the ramp area. We are trying to get it fixed again and hope that it will happen soon.
Grants Pass, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Motel 6 Troutdale is a nice place to stay. The price was right. The staff were friendly and The room was clean. If I had to say something negative, it would be the freeway noise, but what are you going to do? Thank you Motel 6 for leaving the light on for us!

Room Tip: Call the Motel ahead of time. Tell the staff your expectations and let the chips fall where they ma...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
m60407, Manager at Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
I thank you for your thoughts and opinions. Look forward to having you stay with us in the future.
Coeur d Alene, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My mother and I checked into this hotel. While walking to our room we saw obvious drug and prostitution activity going on. People were living in the bushes adjacent to yhe parking lot. We get to our room and it stunk and there were burnholes all through the carpet. What a dive!! My mother decided she didn't feel safe there so we checked out(at least they gave us our money back).

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
m60407, Manager at Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
I am sorry that this was a bad stay with this location. We work very hard in trying to keep the property safe. We work hand in hand to the Troutdale Police and hope that if our guest see's something that is questionable that they would say something to the motel staff so that it could be addressed. I also hope that you would bring the problems in the room to the attention of the Office/Management so we can make you stay a better one. Again I am sorry that you had this expierence because we do strive to make your stay a great one.

Been to Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale? Share your experiences!