“Clean Room & Friendly Staff!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale

You added Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale to your Saves list
Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1610 NW Frontage Road, I-84 at Exit 17, Troutdale, OR 97060   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Troutdale
Grants Pass, Oregon, United States
“Clean Room & Friendly Staff!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

Motel 6 Troutdale is a nice place to stay. The price was right. The staff were friendly and The room was clean. If I had to say something negative, it would be the freeway noise, but what are you going to do? Thank you Motel 6 for leaving the light on for us!

Room Tip: Call the Motel ahead of time. Tell the staff your expectations and let the chips fall where they ma...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
m60407, Manager at Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
I thank you for your thoughts and opinions. Look forward to having you stay with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Coeur d Alene, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My mother and I checked into this hotel. While walking to our room we saw obvious drug and prostitution activity going on. People were living in the bushes adjacent to yhe parking lot. We get to our room and it stunk and there were burnholes all through the carpet. What a dive!! My mother decided she didn't feel safe there so we checked out(at least they gave us our money back).

Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
m60407, Manager at Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
I am sorry that this was a bad stay with this location. We work very hard in trying to keep the property safe. We work hand in hand to the Troutdale Police and hope that if our guest see's something that is questionable that they would say something to the motel staff so that it could be addressed. I also hope that you would bring the problems in the room to the attention of the Office/Management so we can make you stay a better one. Again I am sorry that you had this expierence because we do strive to make your stay a great one.
Helsinki, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

PROS:

Excellent location for touring Columbia River Gorge. Also, a good outlet mall is very close, as well as restaurants and a gas station.

Room and bathroom were clean.

Reception staff friendly.

Extremely cheap price.

CONS:

A lot of noise throughout the night from the nearby highway and trains.

When I took the shower, there was no hot water while my friend took a shower in the room right below mine, and I had to wait till she was done to get more warm water.

So, if you are a good sleaper and want value your money, this might be your place. For a light sleeper I recommend to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
m60407, Manager at Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
I am sorry that you found the location noisey. We do do our best in keeping the noise that we have control over under control. Thank you for your response.
South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

While the front desk person was very friendly and the price was better than other hotels within a mile (about $30- $40 less), this Motel 6 was not great. The room looked worn and didn't appear or smell entirely clean. The hotel was within walking distance to fast-food and restaurants, but the walk was not paved or well lit. It appeared that some construction was happening on the freeway, so perhaps, this caused that problem. Noise from both the Interstate and the train could be heard during the night.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
I am sorry that you were disappointed in your stay at our location. Please any time you stay with a Motel 6 and have a issue, contact the desk because we really like to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

On Christmas Eve. The maid came in my room 2 give room service. She failed 2 look on the bed before grabbing the bed spread. Well my brand new cell phone was on the bed and She threw it in the laundry machine and destroyed it ! So then I talked 2 manager about this and she did an incident report, and referred me to a regional manager named Claudette Bryant. Well, after calling Her and leaving multipal messages, it seemed She didn't know how 2 dial a phone and give me the respect of returning my call. So I finally contacted Her a month later. I had 2 fax my receipt of my phone 2 her & she told me the check is in the mail. Well three weeks later no check, so I call and leave a message again. Yep, u guessed it ! She couldn't return my call again because She lied and didn't send a check like she said she would. Well after that last call I was a little PO and let it be known because I have gone 7 weeks without a phone that rings. It ruined my Christmas Eve, and prevented me of having contact with anyone 4 7 weeks

• Stayed December 2010
m60407, General Manager at Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale, responded to this review, February 14, 2011
I am sorry that you have had a bad expierence with the Corporate office and I will pass the information on to them. I am glad that you have had a positive stay at the property and with its staff.
oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2010

Not only was the room awful but they made the other person with me fill out paper work.

This place is full of all kinds of low life.

Including the check in staff. Real low life quality people.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
I am sorry that your stay with us was not what was expected. I take pride in our motel and I would hope that any time you have a problem you would let us know so that we can make the stay a Great one. In response to having all parties register at the front desk is to insure the safety of our guests.
Salem, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

We have stayed at this motel for the past 6 years in mid July while attending the nearby Highland Games. Our stays have been from 2 to 4 nights at a time. We have always felt welcome and quite comfortable with our accommodations. The staff has always been very friendly and helpful and retain some of the same employees from year to year. It is, of course a typical Motel 6, which is usually basic but clean. The motel is very convenient (within walking distance) to fast food and family restaurants. It is also close to the Columbia Premium Outlets. We would not think of staying anywhere else when we visit the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Portland East - Troutdale? Share your experiences!