“horrible front desk service and fleas in room” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Troutdale
“horrible front desk service and fleas in room”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have never given a one star review. The only reason this place gets a horrendous one star review is:
1) Upon approaching the front desk clerk to inquire if they had a room (we had been driving for 8 hours) we received a very annoyed clerk. He was completely disinterested in our business and was annoyed when we asked him for several options based on AAA, gov't contractor etc. Finally we chose a room, not knowing which discount we were using because he wasn't very friendly. Based on overall appearance of the hotel, we ignored his ignorance and happily checked into our room. It seemed fine, a bit warm but we opened the windows on the 3rd floor room. That evening after laying down, BOTH of my sisters received flea bites in bed and didn't want to say anything because we were traveling with our mother and she gets freaked out on bugs. My sisters only told me when I pulled a live flea off of my foot and freaked out.
I don't have pets, and we had been traveling for the 6 days prior in pet free locations.

Upon discussing it with the front desk I was met with the obvious disbelief because this hotel is pet-free. But I further felt like I was being dismissed because the front clerk clearly did not believe the incident had occurred. He could not offer anything because he stated he did not have an 'override' authority. He took my info and said as soon as the manager got in she would call me or email me. There was no calling housekeeping to investigate or ask to show where or what bed my sisters were sleeping in. To date I have NOT received any response. None of my family will ever recommend nor return to this location or utilize this hotel chain.

Highly disappointed. I will stick to Marriott hotels at this same price point.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
SPOKANE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

One of the things I liked best about this hotel was its location and cleanliness. It was a nice looking atmosphere and centrally located. It has restaurants convenient to the area and is 2 blocks from a Freeway ramp to get you where you want to go. They were very busy with many guests but were able to put us up quickly and efficiently. The restaurant in the hotel was nice and right off the lobby. We asked the front desk where a Costco was located and they gave accurate directions and made it easy to find. The breakfast was very good with a great selection of food. Quality of the food was as good as any restaurant and was included with room. Parking outside was very well lighted and it was secured.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rosedale, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Spent two nights at this location. Reception clerk was very nice and helpful, believe Aaron was his name. Very comfortable beds and pillows. Liked that fridge was in the room. Complimentary hot breakfast was included, which was not so bad. Location close to shopping outlet, restaurants and other shopping. Only thing I didn't like was the view from the room - out to an empty parking lot/warehouse.

new york city, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Very comfortable hotel. I booked a 2Q mini-suite for myself, husband and son and it was a nice roomy room. Location was great. It was very convenient to the Gorge and still quite convenient to Portland. Plenty of restaurants in the area as well. The property was well kept. The breakfast was good. The spa area was terrific for relaxing after hiking all day. My only complaint is that the bed was a touch too soft for my tastes.
Definitely would stay here again and recommend it to others.

Spokane Valley, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Heading to Spokane after a long road business trip stopped here by our employers choice. Hotel staff was freindly. Pool and Hot tub were good. Room was alright. Area of hotel lacked other places to eat. Hotel breakfast was good. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New Milford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was our third Best Western in our Pacific Northwest trip. We definitely saved the best for last. The room was very large, 2 queen beds and a sitting area. The staff was very nice and knowledgeable I asked for directions a few times and they were very helpful. Breakfast was one of the best we had seen in any of the Best Westerns we had stayed out. The selection was very good. Egg omelets, bacon or sausage, bagels, fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, danishes. They always had coffee in the lobby which was great perk. The hotel was in a perfect spot to see the Columbia River Gorge. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Elk, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We also thought this was a nice property, friendly and accommodating staff, larger than normal room, a recliner chair in the room and a good breakfast. Very clean and in a convenient location.
Would definitely stay here again if in the neighborhood.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Cascade Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!