“Excellent Visit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Troutdale
Billings, Montana
“Excellent Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We were in the area and got referred to the Cascade Inn & Suites by another motel who did not have a pool. I'm thankful for the referral as I had 2 young ladies who wanted to swim. The room/suite was very clean and extremely roomy. I remember the huge mattresses on the beds and the sitting area was very well appointed. The staff treated us well and were very informative. The breakfast area was well appointed though I wish they could have had a larger breakfast. I would definitely stay there again and have passed by the area not knowing it was there. Now that I do I can better plan my next trip through that area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

187 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
British Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Ok, so I did try to check in a little early but there was no one on the front desk. I rang the bell as indicated on the sign and waited. And waited. Finally a voice from down the hall "I'm coming, already" (honest, I only range the bell once). When the young woman told me that our room wasn't ready and to come back after 3, no problem. We went for a drive and explored the area nearby.

Back at 3:30. Now a taped sign over the 'ring the bell' stating I'll be back soon. (The same young girl was sitting right there). She again started to say the room wasn't ready (without checking). i asked her to please check. Guess what? Room was ready. Room wasn't great shakes but ok for an overnight stay.

Now, after going out to supper, we were told there was cookies (fresh) in the lobby from 6:30 to 10:00. Nope, no cookies. The front desk clerk (this time a young man) was out front of the hotel, having a smoke - something that again detracted from this being a place I would choose.

When checking out the next morning, I did advise the front desk of our experience the evening before. Apparently the rude young women was working out her notice. Then for pity's sake don't leave her to serve the public, put her in a back room somewhere or pay her out. You're not doing your establishment any benefit by leaving a disgruntled employee in charge.

I'd give this place a skip!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The manager assessed a "smoking fee" to our room when in fact we did NOT smoke in there. We are both professional people, parents, etc; we would never break the rules like that. We travel frequently and have always been respectful tenants of the many properties that we have stayed at. We have never encountered such a problem. We were able to get the fee refunded, but the manager was curt and rude about it. There are plenty of other places to stay so we will not be back to this Best Western; and in other cities if we have a choice of hotels rather than the Best Western chain we will not stay at any Best Western. The experience was demoralizing at best and I am very disappointed. The actual physical plant was fine--the room was clean enough, the bed was comfortable. The WiFi was fine. The bathroom did get really steamy as one reviewer said, but that is not really a big deal to me. I highly value customer service, and coming home to find an unfair/ inaccurate $250 smoking fee assessed to my checking account (which could have been a financial disaster); and then having to deal with the unpleasent general manager to finally get the fee rescinded made the overall experience terrible.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Md, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed 3nights at this Best Western. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Very helpful with directions and maps. Their breakfast was yummy and convenient. Our room was clean and comfortable. I would highly recommend staying at this Best Western.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Langley City, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here recently, early July, for 2 nights. Wanted to tour around Portland without paying Downtown hotel prices - good idea too. Was a quiet area, also with other shopping such as Target, Walmart and Outlet shopping nearby. Ask for the AAA rate too. Got a King size bed with a pull-out sofa for our 2 small children, Very large room, but tiny bathroom, they could have made the bathroom larger for sure! Had breakfast for free downstairs both mornings, cereal, fruit, yogurt, hot foods and waffles to make fresh too - decent, especially for free! Had to do laundry one night from our vacation so far and front desk gave me tons of quarters for change, very helpful to us the few times we needed them. I would stay again if I was in the area. We drove downtown and parked there to get on free Max Tram and went street shopping/Pioneer Place as well as to the Air Tram for free. Had a great time near that part of Oregon.

Room Tip: If you have small kids, go for the King Size room and sofa pull-out. Still a huge room with a King S...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Our hotel room had two queen beds and a pull out sofa bed, plus a small fridge and a desk. It also had the smallest bathroom we have ever seen! The bathroom door had to be closed to fit a person into it, which, when you're travelling with three children, is not realistic. It was near impossible to work with that bathroom. Plus, there was no exhaust fan, so one short shower steamed the room up for quite a while.
The free wi-fi in the room did not work well; it took forever to load anything so we just gave up. We were unable to plan our trip for the following day using the room's free wi-fi as hoped.
The beds were comfortable and the free breakfast was okay.
Overall, we weren't too impressed with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We stayed here because going West it was only 15 minutes to downtown Portland, yet going east it was 10 minutes to the beginning of the Columbia River Gorge. It is a few blocks off of I-84, so easy on and off yet far enough away that you got none of the noise.

This was a Best Western Plus, so it was a little nicer inside than the standard BW. We stayed in a family suite that had 2 queen beds plus a living room with a couch, and a fridge and microwave. Overall it was well appointed, updated and very clean. They had an indoor pool that was a good size, heated and very clean as well.

We stayed here 3 nights and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Cascade Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!