“wholesome greasy American food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Toledo
Cuisines: Barbecue
Ireland
“wholesome greasy American food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had the BBQ pulled pork sandwich with fries and coleslaw. it was one of the nicest sandwiches I have had. if you are passing through Newport this is a must stop for lunch. The ribs also looked great.A pub and brewery is attached to the restaurant. For $4 you can get a pint of IPA or ale from next door.there are also salads available but really this is a restaurant where you have to embrace the grease, go full hog :)

Keizer, Oregon
“BBQ in Toledo, OR”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The wife and I ate finally ate here for lunch on Saturday May 24, 2014 still on the hunt for our favorite BBQ joint in the Pacific NW (so far it's Bo-Mac's in Albany, OR). We'd driven past this place several times in the past before finally getting here when they were open. We both ordered the pulled pork sandwich, hers with beans and mine with coleslaw and fries. The portions were large...I got a HUGE serving of (soggy) fries...but we both found the pulled pork to be quite "fatty" (the bottom bun was just soaked in grease), the coleslaw just wasn't to our liking, but the beans were interesting. All in all not a bad meal but just not our liking. Our search continues...

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

Family style restaurant, and the food is great. Only downside is they don't give you enough BBQ sauce on the to go orders

“I drove 120 miles out of my way to eat here.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

My husband and I shared a couple plates of wings, with the 'Slather, Thai Curry, Garlic something and another sauce'. They were all great! Sorry I can't remember the names. I had a baked potato, which was great, he had fries and coleslaw, which were great too.
We really love the Twisted Snout brewery which is right next door. Stu brews very drinkable beers, that are perfect for a beer connoisseur like my husband or someone that just likes good well balance beers like me. I had the Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, and the Holy Hog.... Both were yummy. I gave the service 4 of 5 because is was just a little slow. She was friendly and efficient however, so it is still a good review.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newport, Oregon
“Good food, friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

An unassuming place with simple home-spun atmosphere...
Food was reasonably priced, and delicious. I had a burger and it was fantastic...Beware though, read the descriptions thoroughly. My burger was hot hot hot and I like hot. They like pepper and spice and use it without reserve. Good, easy unassuming and with a great selection of beer. Whats not to like!

• Visited August 2013