“Old furnishings, cold interior (literally), and unimpressive food” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Pancake House

Pancake House
212 Main Ave, Ste B, Tillamook, OR 97141-2235
503-842-8898
Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 45 Restaurants in Tillamook
Cuisines: American
Blaine, WA
“Old furnishings, cold interior (literally), and unimpressive food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stopped by here for breakfast. Our booth was beaten to hell, the fabric threadbare, one of the people seated next to us laughed about the nails sticking through the back seat. It was cold inside ... our food (biscuits and gravy, and a single egg (who does that?) with hashbrowns and bacon I would say were somewhere around just barely edible.

If offered a free meal I wouldn't go back, it was that bad.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

salem, or
“Good breakfast pretty cheap”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

On our way home we stopped here for breakfast. The food wasn't anything fancy but was good for the price. I had French toast which was very good and the pancakes were also very good says my hubby. We would definitely come back!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tillamook, Oregon
“BAD FOOD”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Went to breakfast with the family, wait staff was nice. That's the only compliment I can give my visit. Ordered eggs benedict for myself it was garbage that was undercooked and tasted like a bad chicken broth. The blintz my daughter ordered was still runny batter, the waffle my other daughter ordered was the same runny batter both completely uneatable. The bacon that came with our order consisted of two burnt pieces and two completely RAW pieces. Been to this place a few times in the past with really no major food issues. I don't know if they have a new cook, but the food had never been this bad. It's a rare occasion that I get to take my wife and kids out for breakfast. The fact that they served my children raw food sealed the deal and we will never be back. Thank you for ruining my family's breakfast!

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Florence, Italy
“Coffee or brown water?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We had breakfast here this morning, thinking it would be better to try a local pancake house instead of one of the chain restaurants. Once inside we realized it was in major need of some serious cleaning and repairs: booths falling apart, windows so dirty you could barely see outside & absolutely freezing inside. Our breakfast was, at best, unremarkable. The coffee was so weak it tasted like brown water. Waitresses were all very kind and friendly - we felt sorry for them working in such a miserable restaurant. This place won't last long.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“A Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is a great small town restaurant. Off the tourist radar. Great selection. Worth a stop.
We've been here a few times now and we're never dissapointed.

• Visited August 2013