“Amazing food for a small coastal town” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 45 Restaurants in Tillamook
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Oregon
“Amazing food for a small coastal town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

4 of us ate here for lunch today. All of our food was freshly prepared with good ingredients. I had chicken fajitas which had a homemade sauté sauce, black beans with cheese looked homemade. Very delicious and different from any fajitas I've ever had in any Mexican restaurant. The chicken pieces were quality cuts of meat and very good. My husband had fish and chips which had very lightly coated, REAL fish fillets and totally good flavor. Others in our group had Roast Beef au juice, French Dip. It was piled high with beef. Beef enchiladas were had by another guest and the green sauce on those was unusual and very tasty. Service was a bit slow considering there were only a few tables full, but when we saw how each meal was so freshly prepared it was evident that was why the meal took a bit of time to prepare. We will definitely go back next trip through Tillamook.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Salem, Missouri
“Best clam chowder ever!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

My wife and I had an early dinner here on Monday, July 12th 2010. There is ample free parking right in front of the restaurant. The restaurant is informal and cozy, with all-booth seating. Service was a bit slow, but friendly. My wife had the clam chowder which she says is the best she's ever had! We were on a three-week trip of the northwest, and my wife made a point of trying as many clam chowders as she could find; this one was the best by far. On recommendation from previous TripAdvisor reviews, we ordered the tostada ceviche as an appetizer, though with some trepidation as we'd never had a ceviche before. The serving was huge and looked very impressive, but unfortunately it turned out that we don't care for ceviche. We both had the fish and chips for main entree and it was as good as the best I've had in Britain, or anywhere else for that matter. We definitely would dine here again if we find ourselves in the vicinity.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Amherst, MA
“Informal but nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

We had an excellent meal with friendly service. Clearly this restaurant varies day-by-day, but our perky server was helpful without being intrusive. Food was good and fairly priced, and same for beer and wine.
This is not a posh, up-scale place, but a "family" restaurant that draws locals as well as visitors.
Only negative: the air-conditioning was not on and it was stuffy.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wilmington, Vermont
“Great Fish Tacos!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

My husband had the shrimp ranchero tacos and I had the fish tacos... they both were amazing! The spicy avocado salsa served with them was outstanding. Even though our meal was Mexican/Baja inspired it was prepared and presented with a contemporary California flair. Because of poor signage the Pacific House was difficult to find but so worth the effort.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sandy, Oregon
“Less than good vibe caused us not to even order...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010

To be fair, we didn't even stay to order. We were a bigger than average group (8), but the hostess acted as if they are unaccustomed to sitting that many. They pulled up a couple of small tables next to a booth immediately to the right of the cashier counter.
My group really wanted batter fried fish and chips. This part was my fault, because i had read on Tripadvisor that their fish and chips were simply rolled in rice flour and i had failed to mention this to my group. Someone pointed out though, that their fries were beer battered, so I just thought i would ask the server if beer battered fish was a possibility. They must get that question a million times because the question was barely out of my mouth when i got a resounding "no".
Well, seeing as i was footing the bill and I wanted my group to be happy AND the first few minutes inside the door had failed to endear me to Pacific House, we got up and went somewhere else.
I will probably try them again, as it sounds like they have good food, but with a smaller group who doesn't want battered fish and chips