“Very peaceful and clean.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% Now!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Tillamook
Portland, Oregon
“Very peaceful and clean.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

The staff make this hotel really nice to stay in. The rooms are clean and spacious and the view of the hills is pleasant. Definately a good place to stay in Tillamook and handy for the Cheese factory also. We will always stay here if visiting Tillamook again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Mary J,

Thank you for your kind comments. We are always happy to hear about our guests positive experiences. I have shared your comments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Tillamook.

Dave Sutton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I would highly recommended this motel! The staf was very helpful and accommodating. Nice location to see local attractions. If I was to say anything negative it would be the charge for our dog! Twenty -five dollars is alittle extreme, but we paid it and would again.

• Stayed September 2012
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Mtwildfires,

Thank you from our entire staff for taking time out of your day to submit your review. We were glad to hear that you had such a positive experience. Clean and friendly is what we always aim for. We hope to see you again soon.

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Pet friendly hotel, fee was very high than other hotels. Hotel had a hard key to room which was a great touch. View outside was a grassy area. Room was very clean and cozy, the bed was very soft and pillows were great. Had a 2 bed room with microwave and mini fridge along with a sink in room and table and chairs, TV standard box with limited channels. My friend’s dog found some plastic trash under the beds which was not pleasant since it could have been harmful if we didn’t catch sooner. Price a little steep for off season in September I thought. Would stay again if in area, and close to the Cheese Factory.

There was a free continental breakfast which includes breakfast burritos and orange juice, not sure what else was offered since my friends had gotten my breakfast for me. Didn’t see anything else the hotel had to offer.

Room Tip: Room 124 was great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
TravelingMedTech,

We were happy to hear you found your room cozy, clean, and the beds comfortable. I am sorry you found plastic under the bed. I have shared that information with the head housekeeper. Sounds like you didn’t have the opportunity to enjoy our 24 hour indoor pool and hot tub. Maybe next time. Just an FYI, you will find that we are now on winter rates through April. Thank you for taking the time to submit your review.

Tucson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Staff was very friendly. Otherwise, this hotel is acceptable, but furniture, carpeting, etc, are simply old and outdated. Continental breakfast was ok, but very minimal.

One should be able to find a better value for the money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

The rooms were clean and spacious but dated. It was cheaper than staying over at Cannon Beach, Manzanita, or Seaside. It seems that other people did not have as great of a stay as I had. I had a fairly decent stay. The funny thing was that I was told by the front desk my room overlooked the river. When I got to my room, the view was blocked by some trees but if I strained just a little to the left, I would see the river.

Room Tip: I'm a light sleeper so I asked for the quietest location and it seems that the rooms facing the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Older hotel with some updating but the tv's were square old Phillips brand tv's with no dvd player. The bed was soft but sleepable. You get a free glass of house wine or tap beer, which was nice. The chowder was really delicious. The pool and hour tub were open almost 24 hours with the exception between 12-1 pm for cleaning. Nice size pool.

The only bad part, which isn't really the hotel's fault, is the smell of cow dung in the air...it was extremely strong in the entire area though.

• Stayed September 2012
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear sherrimayhew,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I have to agree the smell from the cows was unusually bad last weekend. This is a problem all the motels in Tillamook have to deal with. As soon as they stop spraying, we open up all doors to air out the building, but during the spraying there is not much that will take care of it. Glad to hear you were able to enjoy many of our amenities. As for the cigarette smoke, if you come back please let me know personally and I will get you a room in the other part of the building. While all our rooms are non-smoking, your room was immediately next to the door where many people go outside to smoke.

Forks, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed two nights, if we weren't afraid we would be unable to find a vacancy elsewhere, we would have left after the first night. Extremely over-priced, paid $150.00 per night, for the supposed best room, it was an $80.00 room at best. Check in staff seemed uninterested and on auto-pilot. It is a two story hotel without an elevator. Outdated decor, creaky, sqeaky, uncomfortable bed and really lumpy pillows. Rough, scratchy towels and sheets. Mirror was so dirty above the wet bar, you could write your name in the dust, it was the same way after housekeeping came after our first night, Crusty substance on the vanity area counter in several spots, same thing, it was there when we checked in and still there after housekeeping came. Bed side lamps didn't work, figured out that they were unplugged. Drill holes in both bedside tables, must have been something mounted to them at one time, wrinkled carpet, and a poor repair on the bathroom door. There was something wrong with the wet bar sink, when you turned it on it was just a trickle of water, if you turned it up, you ended up drenched along with the counters and mirror.Continental breakfast was very limited, we didn't even bother once we saw it. All in all, not a good experience. Most of these issues I could have overlooked, if it weren't for the high price. I have stayed at Shilo Inns in several other locations and always had good luck, but after this stay I doubt I will stay with them again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Ginger S,

Please accept my apologies for the room not being up to expectations. I have shared your review with the head housekeeper and we are using it to address deficiencies. I trust that if you were to return you would find a better experience. In fact, if you would call ahead and ask for me I would make sure that your room was in excellent condition. Also you will find our rates in the off season to be lower than they were when you stayed on Labor Day weekend. Again thank you for taking the time to review and hope you will call me and let me know if you come again.

Dave Sutton

Been to Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Tillamook? Share your experiences!