“Dirty hotel in lousy location” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Square Hotel - Tigard

You added Washington Square Hotel - Tigard to your Saves list
Washington Square Hotel - Tigard
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10830 SW Greenburg Road, Tigard, OR 97223 (Formerly Shilo Inn - Tigard)   |
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Tigard
Lodi, California
“Dirty hotel in lousy location”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

We were on a road trip through Oregon and stayed in three Shilo Inns. The entire chain is tired and in need of renovation but the other two shiols were acceptable. Our room was shabby and the carpet was filthy. Also, the location is poor for restaurants.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — cleanliness, location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2008

I booked this hotel based on the fact that I have stayed at Shilo Inns around the northwest and have always been satisfied. This property isnt their best. The place is clean, dont get me wrong, the carpets are new and the bathroom was newer.
The hallways are somewhat dark and unfriendly but they have new carpet and wallpaper. The elevator is old and very loud and clanky. The room itself was semi large, not really a suite but not small.
The TV was a 19" 1983 model and there was a fridge and micro in the room. The bed was kind of crappy and the comforter was kind of gross, pilling and dark.
What struck me as very odd was that the door locks actually have KEYS.. regular keys... I hadnt seen that in a hotel in 10 years so I was kind of laughing.
There was nothing terrible about this hotel, it was just subpar from what I would have expected from Shilo and not really a place that I would prefer to stay.
They did have fresh apples in the lobby and newspapers which I really appreciated as I usually avoid the breakfasts in hotels which are usually carb and sugar based and just head to starbucks.

If I had to stay here again I would, it just wouldnt be my first choice... or my second..... or third..

• Liked — Location and Staff
  • Disliked — just kind of dingy....
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
backofbookbob
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2008

I work for one of the AAA affiliates. My job has taken me to the Tigard area twice a week since September. They have gone out of their way to make me feel "at home" as I spend time away from my family. From the marketing manager to the front desk clerks---I have always had a great experience each and every week--which makes my time away a little more bearable. Others from our company are also beginning to use the Tigard location as well on their trips to Portland. Keep up the good work and I'll be seeing you again next week.!!!!!

• Liked — service/location
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
roseburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2008

Jeannine and her staff were wonderful. We are traveling volleyball team and finding a nice hotel with great prices are hard to come by. This facility met all our expectations and we will definetly stay there in the future.

• Stayed February 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bremerton Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2008

I just had to pull up the address of this place to make sure I am not commenting on the wrong Shilo Inn but I got the right one. Supposedly this is a remodeled hotel. The room I am in doesn't appear that way. I counted 6 cigarette burn marks from the dresser to the sink area. I counted 5 stains on the floor but you gotta love the big white stain as you come in the room. Forgot to mention, this is actually the second room they gave me since neither me nor the receptionist could get the door open in the first room they gave me. I can't figure out if the switch on the wall below the furnace dial is to control the heat or not. Their is a wall unit like heater/fan too, but it started to work, but now has shut off and I can't get it to work. I went to go plug in my cell phone and couple other electrical items with me to charge them up but only one outlet by the work table. So I disconnected the light fixture so I could charge up cell phone. I went downstairs to ask for an ashtray and the receptionist led me down the hall to an 'employees only room', told me to wait. I waited almost five minutes only to have her return with a small drinking glass that had smear marks on it and told me that is all she had till she could find one in another smoking room. She said she would bring me one. After an hour went by I went downstairs to ask her again but had to wait because she was in the backroom somewhere. I had to holler loudly after I held my finger on the ringer button on the side wall. She came out and told me she forgot. So she looked up rooms that didn't have anyone staying and asked me if I could go look. I took the scary elevators AGAIN to the fourth floor and finally found one in room 420. I returned her the key to her and she said "your welcome". I then discovered the only ice machine is located on the first floor. So another trip down the scary elevators for ice minus the plastic liner that has been in all ice holders in every other hotel i've stayed in. I then come in my room and realize the cups here are not glass but Styrofoam cups. My coffee cup is also Styrofoam. This is no where near like the Shilo Inn in Hazel Dell in Vancouver Washington. That place is recently remodeled, clean, nice, great decor, great staff, and a great home away from home while I am out traveling on business. I will NEVER stay here at this one again. NEVER. I can barely wait for 6am so I can leave and start hitting my stores I check in on. This place is just awful, stinky, and not remodeled.

• Liked — internet access
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2007

If you're looking for a budget hotel, this place is acceptable. They provide all the basics you need for a hotel. The room was clean. Ours faced the back of the building and was quiet. The staff was courteous and helpful. If you're cost-conscious and just need a place in the south Portland area, this place works okay.

• Liked — cost
  • Disliked — bare bones amenities
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
augusta, georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2007

While visiting relatives in Cedar Hills for 5 days, my 82yr old Mother In Law, my 76yr old sister and I had had no problems at all for the larger part of our stay. On what we thought was our last night, we returned to the hotel at midnight, and with our only key, let ourselves into our room to find someone else's "stuff" in the room and all of our "stuff" GONE. The desk clerk was surprised at our indignation, and got into the computer to find out that our reservation had been "cancelled" because our stay was "over". She said our stuff was in a locked location and took ;us to the laundry, where the entire contents of our room was DUMPED into a laundry hamper, wet swim suits on top of our hanging silk evening wear, and suitcases, etc on top of it all. The hotel was full, and here I was with two senior citizens in the middle of the night, tired from the day and no place to sleep. The clerk couldn't seem to find an alternative room, but I found one the first call I made to a small budget inn in Beaverton. We had had no warning from the hotel, no messages on any of our three cell phones and we had been told there was only one key to that room, but obviously the key had been found to give to someone else, and what on earth, would have happened if the folks IN that room had been in bed? We were humiliated and worried and our things were all tossled everywhere. Our credit info was on their file and we certainly could have been charged for the room and scolded ??? later. I've traveled extensively and have never been so badly treated by a hotel host ever! If you can explain this treatment to three senior citizens who were treated like transients and scofaws, I'd like to hear it!

Stayed June 2007

Been to Washington Square Hotel - Tigard? Share your experiences!