“German in Oregon” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Birmingham, Alabama
“German in Oregon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Very friendly bar staff. Great happy hour. Couldn't decide on dinner so got the sampler feast and had a little bit of everything.

• Visited March 2013

Oregon
“Date night visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is one of those places I visit to get a good value and great food. From their fondue to their braised leg of lamb. I've been here with family as well as just for a romantic get away.
I find the food good and filling. The only draw back I can see is the parking lot as it is hard to park in as it is next to an office building.
I would say go to here in off hours as the parking is easier and your service is faster. Otherwise you will have to park farther out and wait for seating.

Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“Best service on this trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

I work on TV and travel a lot. This gas been some of the best customer service ever. Food was great. Went with my son had appetizer with drinks ordered to go and all under $50.

Good price! Great value!

Portland, OR
“Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I went to Gustav's to celebrate my birthday. It was a Sunday night. The superbowl was on. It was not that busy inside the restaurant. I ordered the chicken schnitzel and my husband the weiner schnitzel. We both substituted spätzle noodles for the mashed potatoes.

The waitress was attentive. After taking the drink order she provided warm sour dough rolls for each of us. Our water glasses were refilled without our asking them to be. Later the waitress asked if we would like more rolls. The rolls were hot out of the oven. My husbands weiner schnitzel came with green beans, my chicken schnitzel came with red cabbage. Both the beans and cabbage were delicious.

The price was right, the food and service were good, we would go back.

• Visited February 2013
Portland, Oregon
“First Rate All The Way!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

You really can't go wrong eating at Gustav's. Whether it's in the dining room or cozy bar, their food is always wonderful. My boyfriend and I went into the bar for dinner, because they have TV's and he likes to check on various sporting events. Lo and behold, it was Happy Hour and we were both surprised at not only some of the unusual items being offered, but the quantity and the care that went into each. He had the fondue - it was superb. I had the beet salad and lentil soup - both delicious! If you are looking for a warm and inviting place to be with friends or that special someone, this is the place to go. Plus the service here is the best!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Gustav's German Pub & Grill? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Gustav's German Pub & Grill, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.