“Home cooking exists here” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Family Fare
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Home cooking exists here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is like a Shari's but the food is "homemade" and I mean more than just pies are homemade which makes everything taste great.
Doesn't matter what you order on the menu, I think you will find it to your liking. My most recent trip there was for dinner and I did not have pie but I have had it in the past and it is darn good.
Parking is easy, finding it is easy and wait staff are all very good.

Visited May 2013

Keizer, Oregon
“About what you'd expect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Unless you were one of the regulars you got poor service. Noticed this not just for us, but for others too. It toeek 45 minutes for us to be served a piece of pie! The pie was ok, but not worth $5 a slice and the wait.

Visited December 2012
Beaverton, Oregon
“Great 24 hr family diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to Bannings for about 5 years. When I describe it to people I always say " I have never had a bad meal". The prices are reasonable and portions are generous. Service is friendly and casual.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Terrific: Food, service, prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Banning's has it all: an, excellent, seasonal menu featuring fresh, local ingredients; good prices, and a friendly, efficient staff. I had the best chicken noodle soup in ages, and a delicious patty melt with the most amazing pumpkin cheese cake. My wife had stuffed hashed browns -- awesome! A lot of people come just for pie which is understandable when you see and taste them -- outstanding!

Lewiston, ID
“Breakfast was great, must try dinner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is a very upscale coffe shop type restaurant with nice decor and very good food and it's only a little bit pricey. I had the eight ounce steak and eggs with hashbrowns and an English muffin. It was the best steak I have ever been served with eggs for breakfast.. Trouble is.....about half way through the meal I ran out of steak sauce. All this time, the waiter hadn't even looked in my direction. I asked a waitress for another bottle and she looked at me like I was speaking another language. But she did send my waiter over who eventually fixed the problem. OK, just one dude having a bad doesn't make it a bad restaurant. The second time I go there I will sit at another's table, Anyway, the meal was a reasonable fourteen bucks before tip, which was also the total.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Banning's Restaurant & Pie? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Banning's Restaurant & Pie, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.