“Great place to stay for Families, couples & everyone!!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Grand Hotel At Bridgeport to your Saves list
Grand Hotel At Bridgeport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7265 SW Hazel Fern Rd, Tigard, OR 97224   |
Ranked #1 of 10 hotels in Tigard
“Great place to stay for Families, couples & everyone!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

This is a GREAT NEW HOTEL, VERY-VERY CLEAN within walking distance to Starbucks, Noah's Bagel, restaurants & shopping!! The Bridgeport Village Shopping District, fine dining and entertainment also has a small play structure for the kids to play, we were very happy about that after being in the car for a few hours. Nice sidewalks to take walks from the hotel to the shopping areas.
The Complimentary FREE hot breakfast buffet is wonderful with several choices, waffle maker, oatmeal, two different egg scrambles, bacon, sausage, lots of fresh fruit, bagels, toast, juice & coffee to name a few, I was impressed, the food was good and I am a very picky eater!!!
They have a mini-store to buy treats etc. and for the adults several choices of WINE to purchase which I really enjoyed.
We used the FREE Complimentary high-speed internet, I liked that it was free and I could check e-mails and research online as much as I needed to.
We travel to Portland often & will now be staying here, at the Grand Hotel at Bridgeport, the prices are a great value which really help, traveling so much.
We have stayed in the Classic King suite twice, They have Family Suites available, I can't wait to try the Family Suite, it will be nice to have room for our three kids and a separate bedroom for more room for us. They also have more suites available, look it all up online, you'll be amazed at the different choices & sizes of rooms to fit your needs.

Room Tip: Suite on top floor due to doors slamming!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

162 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Coos Bay, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

I chose this hotel for my brother and I to stay at while our other brother had surgery at OHSU. We are all from out of town. The check in staff and housekeeping were wonderful! We reserved the grand suite and adjoining room, both of which were extremely spacious and well decorated. The atmosphere was elegant yet very relaxed and our stay was peaceful. The breakfast had quite a variety, the chinese restaurant across the street is superb! There is an I max theater and a mall within walking distance! I will definitely return-next time for fun!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Kennewick, wa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011 via mobile

This was my 4th stay, I still think this is one of the best places to stay. The staff is great, very helpful. The rooms are comfortable with great beds and various pillows. Very close to excellent upscale shopping and resturaunts. Nice for business or a get away for the weekend.

• Stayed February 2011
Washington State
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

Came across this hotel by accident while looking for a place to stay on our traditional girls-only Christmas shopping trip to the Portland area. It's not a high-end, luxury hotel, but it was perfect for our purposes!
The lobby is lovely, and was beautifully decorated for Christmas while we were there. I had requested (as always) a quiet room, and that's exactly what we got. It was spacious, with good amenities and comfortable beds. The hotel staff was efficient, which is always appreciated, and the hotel itself is easy to find and right across the street from one of my favorite chain restaurants (Claimjumpers!).
Continental breakfast was free, with the traditional selections of pastries, cereals, eggs, and make-it-yourself waffles. There was a gorgeous high-end shopping area close by, but it wasn't open when we left on Sunday morning, so we stuck with our original plans and headed back around to 205 and the Clackamas area.
Overall, it was a good experience, and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

I actually had a quite a decent stay at the hotel. But in the morning I noticed a female manger or supervisor for the cleaning ladies, being very rude to one of the housemaids. And that honestly ruined the whole day for me. I know those ladies do not get paid much and I'm sure they try very hard. I heard a few things that I was hoping I wouldn't hear. My only regret is in letting this go and not reporting this to the manager. I dont want to go there again and wouldn't recommend the hotel that has a supervisor that doesn't treat their employees well. Thus why the terrible rating.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
joshsanders, General Manager at Grand Hotel At Bridgeport, responded to this review, January 31, 2011
Thank you for taking time to write about our hotel. We value feedback greatly and I’m glad that the rest of your stay went well.

I wanted to touch base about your comment regarding a housekeeping employee. As the General Manager overseeing a 24 hour a day, 7 day a week operation I simply cannot be at all places at all times, and as a result I rely on my department heads and supervisors to help carry out our mission. While I do not know any of the details of the particular situation that you mentioned, I do know that as a team we are quite passionate about delivering excellent service, high-quality accommodations and superior cleanliness.

I also know, however, that to continually take care of our guests means that we must take care of each of our employees. Regardless of his or her position in this hotel, it is very important to me that each team member understands how important they are to us and that we cannot effectively fulfill our mission without them.

While I have no details other than what you wrote here I will investigate. If you could contact me through TripAdvisor messaging with any other information I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again for your input,

Josh Sanders
Vancouver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

This hotel has lots going for it, great location in a high end area with great dining options and good size rooms but unfortunately it does not have the staff to put it over the next level like The Courtyard Tigard. Everything was below average, service, construction and breakfast.
The front desk staff ladies were adequate but nowadays you need to be more courteous to win the customer's respect. Remember, ladies, you are there for us not vice versa.
While the hotel is new, the walls are not soundproof and the doors all close with a loud bang. Very annoying.
Too bad for a great looking hotel. It's back to the Courtyard, smaller rooms but better stay.

Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Everett, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010

The rooms are very spacious. The bathrooms are almost ridiculously large, so much so there was an echo. However the décor, while very trendy I suppose, is very spartan and not very inviting in my opinion. The touted flat screen TV was unimpressive as many of the channels were fuzzy. We would have been better off with an old style tube TV. They had the usual hotel breakfast with eggs and sausage as hot items. There was a tray of fresh fruit which was nice. Cookies at the front desk at night are always a plus in my book.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Hotel At Bridgeport? Share your experiences!