“Staff was great” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Belleville, Illinois
“Staff was great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We love the Embassy Suites when we travel, we stayed 2 nights at this hotel and due to the way I booked the night one with points and an upgraded room and one regular stay, they had us down to have to move rooms in between. The staff was very helpful when I explained I really did not want to have to move rooms and would just take both nights in a regular room if need be. Not sure if the hotel is old but our room air was running non stop and seemed to still be humid the entire stay. The bathroom smelled like smoke which when I informed the front desk they immediately sent housekeeping to try to help. The air or fan running also was load. Although I was not that impressed with the hotel, their staff made up for it and I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I love to stay at this Embassy Suites for shopping at Washington Square Mall. It is also very conveniently located to other shopping and attractions. I don't think that there is anything I don't like about Embassy Suites but I do have to say that the last couple of locations that I have stayed at could really use some updating. The carpets appear worn as do the couches. During this last visit, we were provided an 'upgrade' to a jacuzzi suite because it was my daughter's 16th birthday and although she and her friends enjoyed the jacuzzi, it really wasn't appropriate because it was clearly a suite for honeymooners/romance. There is little if any privacy between the shower and the king room suite as it is separated by glass block. The couch bed (which I slept on) had very little in the way of mattress, so I could feel the springs/wires. The tv in the front room had no service but the tv in the bedroom did. When I inquired the next morning, I was told they were changing service providers so that meant no service for certain rooms for a short time. Would have been nice to have been informed of that. Just relieved that the girls had tv! Also, since I had no television for morning news, I thought I would just buy a newspaper. None available except for the Wall Street Journal. Hello? Even Hampton Inn provides free USA Today and I thought Embassy did also?

Boise
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

My daughter's softball team just got back from staying at this hotel. The hotel is very nice and aesthetically pleasing. The interior is well decorated. The rooms are huge and clean. The pool is a little small for the size of the hotel, but it works. The gym is good sized and well equipped. The bar and restaurant are nice (kind of expensive, but good food and drinks).
The staff was very friendly and helpful. For example, this weekend there were several teams staying at the property. Several of us had games early enough that we would miss the breakfast. The staff accommidated us by opening the breakfast early. Also, there was a reception every night with snacks, soft-drinks, beer and wine. Very nice touch.

My only complaint was that our room had two double beds. The rooms were large enough to easily fit two queen.

Overall, I thought it was an excellent hotel and I would stay again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Spent the night with family. Very nice rooms with an excellent breakfast to wake up to!

Room service was quick and the food was above average for sure.

One of the nicer gyms available in a hotel that we've ever visited.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Love this hotel, but find it expensive. We have stayed here several times, when I need to keep my Hilton points active. It is a little hard to find the parking lot, which is a little too small. The rooms are huge, the decor is superb, and the breakfast is the best I have ever seen in a U.S. hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here before MANY years ago and was quite pleased to be told I would be staying again.

Very pleasing hotel very nice and HUGE rooms, well for one person anyway :)

If you don't have a good head for heights the open nature of the hotel may mean you should try for a room on the lower floors.

Nice idea of a free drink and snacks in the late afternoon/early evening. Good choices for breakfast with an option for you to have an freshly cooked omelette.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

First off, the hotel is great. I can see where others have commented about it looking old but I don't think it is that bad. My room was nicely appointed and updated. The breakfast was great. The pancakes were very good and plenty of other options. The two issues I had we're parking and the Internet. The hotel is huge and the parking is all around it. Had about a ten minute walk from my car to my room.. Had to sneak through the convention center area and through the lobby. Not a very good layout but nothing they can do about it. The Internet signal is great in the lobby but was terrible in my room. I got a lite signal in the living room but no signal in the bedroom. A little disappointing. And the signal would drop every so often and I would have to reconnect.
Overall a nice hotel with a few issues, hence the 3 dots.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Portland - Washington Square Hotel? Share your experiences!