“OK - But Needs Updating” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Tigard
Sacramento,CA
“OK - But Needs Updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

In room fridge did not work, bed was hard the hotel needs a serious updating it really is showing its age. Lot's of dog owners stay here so dogs are walking through the lobby, etc I have to believe that for the price one could do much better than this place

Room Tip: If you do not want to stay in a room the previously had a dog or dogs stay in it stay on the third f...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The room was nice and clean with updated decor and amenities. The staff were friendly and polite. My husband and I were really pleased. For sure we will stay there again when we come back to Portland.

Room Tip: It's nice to stay on the 3rd floor with a room away from the hwy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night in an ADA room that was dog-friendly. First thing I noticed was a large stain in the center of the carpet. We let the front desk know, so we (or our dog) wouldn't be blamed for it. Also a used towel and glass left in our room, making me wonder what else was missed. The breakfast was decent, eggs, sausages, waffles, etc. everything else was average.

• Stayed July 2013
washington state
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We stayed at the quality inn because we used their meeting room space for a costume party a group of us had there.. We worked with Amy for a few months in advance beforehand and she was very helpful for the party we had there. First I'll review the meeting space

The space itself was really great for our needs.. we had about 65 guests who were dressed in cosplay costumes and we arranged the room to fit our needs perfectly! we had tables set up for people to eat and sit and then had a large space at the front for the DJ and a dancing area! so this place could work even great for a small wedding reception... We could have even fit up to 80- 90 guests if we had to! SO we plan on having the party there again next year and having a few more people attend since 65 people was more then comfortable space wise. The front desk staff was very helpful during our party brought us ice and water.. searched the hotel for a fan for us (I will touch on that later) and even let us play the music longer then initially said would be allowed because they were impressed with our party as well! and we weren't a rowdy crowd causing chaos in the building so they were very accommodating to us! not to mention we rented about 8 other rooms from then that night with out of town guests who attended. My one and only minor complaint would be that two of the air conditioners in the event room weren't working and since we were all in costumes and dancing it was MISERABLY HOT! I told the staff about this though and they assured me they would be fixed especially before our next years even which we plan on having there again.

Now the rooms themselves were very nice, clean, comfortable beds, updated bathroom counter tops, blow dryer, and I cant remeber if there was a fridge or iron but I didnt need those things so I wasn't paying attention if they were there or not. all the other guests in our party were pleased with their rooms as well. other guests also made use of the gym which they said was great and the breakfast as well was really nice!

now the only other downside was our Party was in May and it was 85 degrees that weekend we partially selected this location because we knew it would be hot and there was a pool a lot of our guests were excited to use.. well once we got there we were told the pool was not open and had not been maintenced yet for the summer :( bummer.

All in all the positives far outweighed the two minor negatives and we will definitely be back next year for our event! the staff was so very accommodating and helpful and our group appreciated that immensely!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Seaside, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

After an unexpected hospital admission of a friend arriving from California to PDX, we had to quickly find a hotel for the night. Upon arriving at the hotel, Jennifer (the front desk attendant), cheerfully stated, "we've been waiting for you!" After hearing about our hospital encounter, Jennifer gave us a discount!!!! The rooms and hotel were very clean, the beds very comfortable, and an abundance of hot water!!! When I asked Jennifer where we could purchase toothbrushes, she provided us with some and toothpaste as well!!!! We were very, very pleased with our stay and will certainly recommend and book future rooms with the Quality Inn!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Everett, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I will never stay in a 'quality inn' ever again. It was a decent hotel. Nothing great, nothing bad to say in general. It was clean and conveniently located.

However, I have never experienced rude disregard in any establishment like I did here. I received a phone call 10 minutes before checkout, reminding me checkout was at noon. Ok. Thanks. I knew that. Then about 3 minutes after noon when I was walking out of the room the phone rang again. This was the not so polite and quite condescending call that said 'ummm, checkout was at noon'. Wow! That was just bizarre, I advised I was on my way out the door. Then 17 minutes after noon when I was packed up & ready to drive away I got a call on my cell phone. The same person from the hotel looked up my info & called to reprimanded me for not obliging to a hotel policy that I was not even aware of or told about.

Rediculous. I respect the industry. I worked at the Hilton for a year. I've never been treated like this in a hotel/motel/hostel...ever.

I can't believe employees treat guests this way. Chase them out so they never come back! Good job.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

The people at the front desk were very nice and courteous. The rooms were very clean and quiet. Also the a/c worked great! The breakfast was awesome and hot. The beds were very comfortable and great water pressure. Overall I was very happy with my stay and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Quality Inn Tigard? Share your experiences!