“Excellant food lots of Flavor” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #31 of 60 Restaurants in The Dalles
Cuisines: Mexican
Tacoma, Washington
“Excellant food lots of Flavor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We love Mexican and this is one of the best full of flavor and nice color as well. I wasnt impressed with the Tamales at all but the burritoes and enchilades and chimmys very good. They have a lovely verde sauce as well. We thought the food very fresh and very flavorful. My dh is from Arizona and very picky regarding Mexican Food this is one of the best for him. Oh and the $5 lunch special was awesome I had one of those one time as well same entree smaller portions

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Greasy burrito”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

They have great lunch specials, but ordered the chicken burrito and it was completely full of grease! No flavour at all. Amazing that the same lunch special from the same owners at ixtapa is great.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lake Oswego, Oregon
“Very average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Eaten here twice. First time okay. Second time quite poor with a Chile Relleno that was more like a "soup'!

Visited June 2013
The Dalles, OR
“My favorite place to eat lunch!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

I absolutely LOVE the Tijuana! They have a list of $5 lunch specials that are all excellent. I go in for lunch so often that they all know me ;0) They even bring me the spicier salsas that I like without even having to ask! When you come in and sit down, they bring you ice water & a basket of warm chips. It is served with their medium salsa and a little dish of refried beans. So yummy! Everyone is very cheerful and polite, it's a lovely atmosphere. I always order off the lunch special menu and even when they are hoppin' busy, the food arrives very quickly. My usual time inside the restaurant is about 20 minutes. Perfect to get a good lunch and still have plenty of time to run some errands during my lunch hour. It's also nice because almost all the tables are booths, allowing some privacy to just sit and read if you like without other customers eyeballing you.

I have taken my Boyfriend in on the weekends, and can attest that they make some delicious and potent margaritas, woo! I tried the "Tacos al Carbon" when we were there last, it was magnificent. Very fancy. I have never eaten a bad meal there.

Check out the Tijuana! It's the BEST Mexican place in town!!!

• Visited February 2013