“Best in The Dalles” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in The Dalles
Tacoma, Washington
“Best in The Dalles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2007

I've stayed in almost all of the hotels in The Dalles, Or, and this one is probably the best. (None are terrific) It seems a little further out of town than I would like, but it is still only one or two exits off the Interstate from the rest of the town. It is a standard corporate hotel, two floors with no elevator. The back side faces the Interstate, so noise might be a problem. I ran the fan all night to create white noise and shut out the sound of trucks. The breakfast was skimpy, but we like Mama Junes Pancake House, with the best breakfast in town, so we didn't miss anything. There is a small covered pool. The staff were friendly, and the room was very clean.

• Liked — Clean comfortable room
  • Disliked — Location out of town
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
The_staff, manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge, responded to this review, August 27, 2008
We are very happy to hear about your stay. We appreciate your feed back very much.
Hope to see you soon .... :)

75 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2005

Our room was quiet and clean and a bit larger than most with a small sofa and sitting area along with two queen size beds. And the morning breakfast was delicious with lots of hot choices like waffles that you make yourself, biscuits and gravy, fruit, cereals and hard boiled eggs. Service was great and the woman in the kitchen, Cindy worked her tail off to keep things clean and organized! My only complaint was that breakfast hours should be expanded to be open about an hour longer for us late sleepers (particularly on the weekends). But I can live with it. If nothing changes, I'd go back here again and again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2005

The hotel was very clean, but it did smell of bug spray.

When we asked about the restaurant across the road, the manager wouldn't say anything. The hotel did have a "Soup Bar"; so we ate soup and a salad from McD's.

The complementary breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2005
Western Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2005

The room was cramped and smelled of disinfectant, and we had a lovely view of the interstate. The sink was completely plugged and the overworked front desk clerk told us that there wasn't anybody who could fix that night. It still hadn't drained by the next morning. The landscaping was nice, however. I wish we had gone on to Hood River...

• Stayed June 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2004

On November 18, 2004, I had an unfortunate stay at the Comfort Inn in The Dalles, OR. When I entered my room, I could tell the room smelled like bug repellent. I put up with it even though I didn't like it. The next morning when I was picking up my bag off the floor, I noted a bug of some sort moving on the carpet on the floor and figured that was why the room smelled so strongly of bug repellent. This experience certainly didn't make me want to return to the Comfort Inn!

• Stayed November 2004, traveled on business
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2004

I have stayed at this hotel several times, and it is always a good experience. It's not a fancy hotel, and the decor is nothing to write home about, but it's always clean and comfortable. Having a refrigerator in the room is handy, and the free breakfast (including make-your-own waffles) makes a good start to the day. The staff is friendly and helpful, and dogs are allowed. Freeway access (84 and 197, and it's right by the bridge to Washington) and parking are easy, it's within walking distance of the Columbia River, and there's a nice big grassy lawn with a pond full of bullfrogs.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2004

I have traveled a considerable amount with my job and was beyond surprised and impressed with the overall upkeep of this facility. The overall appearance was in line for the style of hotel (nothing extra special) but it was just so well taken care of. The extended breakfast and room accommodations (refrig and microwave) are also nearly unheard of for the price we paid. I complimented the front desk and they shared that the owner was very involved and made sure he kept up on any repairs or upgrades to the property. That was very refreshing to here!! Another bonus - it was easy to access from the interstate or from WA via crossing the Columbia River.

Been to Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge? Share your experiences!