“Best of Three” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in The Dalles
Oregon
“Best of Three”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

My partner and I stayed in room #117 - 2 queen beds. The room was clean and comfortable by my rather high standards. The bed and bathroom linens were very clean and nice - plenty of towels. The included breakfast was the usual fair (something for everyone) and the breakfast room was clean and pleasant.
We chose this hotel after personally viewing comparable rooms at the Shilo Inn and the Celio Inn when we stopped to inquire about availability and price at both hotels. It can be a little uncomfortable to ask a front desk attendant if you can see a room before you decide to book but it can be well worth it to avoid disappointment.
Everyone scores a hotel by different standards. So what pleases me may not please you. But this is a really decent place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
The_staff, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We hope you will choose us again when you need a hotel in the beautiful Columbia Gorge.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Greg greeted us at the front desk with enthusiasm and "glad you are here" attitude. Not only did we have a great experience on check in but he recommended a restaurant downtown that was great. We needed to print documents from the computer at the business center but the printer was not functioning. Terry was available to help and we got the document printed. Greg and Terry went over the top to help us. Thanks for the good experience. The hotel was clean and comfortable. The included breakfast was very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Wow, what a great review. Thank you very much. I will be showing this one to Greg. Hope to see you soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Having an Inn by an interstate highway, one would expect some vehicle noise! However, I don't recall hearing any traffic which was wonderful! The front desk was very welcoming and answered questions. Even when asking where to eat, the gals gave a wonderful recommendation of a local restaurant.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
I am happy to see this nice comment about us being located near HWY 84. Many guests have noticed how quiet it is. Hope you will stay with us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here a number of times over the years. It has always been a pleasure. We have two small dogs and were given a very comfortable and quiet room. Metta, who checked us in, was very friendly. She gave us a coupon for use at the Baldwin restaurant (which was delicious...I had the Seafood Linguini.) When we checked out the next morning, Metta had remembered that it was my birthday and wished me a good day. We will definitely be back. There are so many interesting places in and around The Dalles that this Comfort Inn is an ideal spot.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you very much for your great review. I am happy to hear that Metta is doing such nice things. Hope you return soon!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here during a Columbia river gorge road trip for Memorial Day. The hotel was clean, spacious room, good\firm bed, and adequate breakfast(hot and cold). There is a McDonald's right outside, and another upcoming theatre\restaurant, but otherwise it is about a 2 mile drive from the Dalles downtown. Very close to the dam, pretty views just strolling nearby.

Strongly recommend driving east on the Columbia river gorge highway for a while from this point. The views are ASTOUNDING!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hinton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge Motel for 104 nights during a temporary job assignment. With a stay that long I had the opportunity to experience any good and bad regarding the operation of this motel. There was not a single thing that I can complain about. The accommodations were what you would expect from a Comfort Inn at the price per night. Bed was comfortable and the fridge and microwave were very handy during this extended stay. The flat screen TV was nice.
The staff was very nice and helpful. With the amount of clothes for this extended stay, I asked if they might have any extra hangers. I was promptly provided with hangers to take care of my clothes. With their schedule and my schedule I did not get acquainted with some staff as much as others. Metta, Elena, Amanda and Greg were particularly accommodating with recommendations for restaurants, sightseeing, hiking and anything else I wanted to ask about. When walking through the lobby I was always greeted by name. They responded to my needs quickly and efficiently whether it was a burned out light bulb or something else. The maintenance staff took care of these things promptly. Miriam's housekeeping staff cleaned the rooms very efficiently each day.
The breakfast included a good variety and was ready early each morning which accommodated my work schedule. The washer and dryer were convenient for me to take care of my laundry. The pool and exercise room were being remodeled during part of my stay. I was however provided with free vouchers to a very nice fitness center that was close to the motel.
I definitely recommend this motel to anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MORENO VALLEY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

VERY expensive, small crowded room, couch, big flat screen with lots of TV stations, micro, fridge. Outside of town next to the bridge and dam. Noisy AC. Get rid of the wardrobe. Really annoying wifi when you are working on something and suddenly you have to log in again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge? Share your experiences!