“Hilton Prices for Motel 6 rooms/quality” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 9 hotels in The Dalles
Beaverton, Oregon
“Hilton Prices for Motel 6 rooms/quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

We checked in from driving from Kalispell, MT and simply could not drive any further. WE should have. At first there were no ground floor rooms. When I balked at the price of a room upstairs (I'm 62 and disabled veteran) the clerk suddenly found a floor room (right next to stairs) for "the same price with your AAA discount." The pool lights did not work so only used it and the hot tub for about 20 minutes when it got too dark. The pool towels are the smallest I've ever seen and wait until you see the size of the bed pillows. I was quoted $127.00 for the room and was charged $152.28 for 2 people in a king bed that the air conditioner blows directly on when I checked out. By contrast I paid $136.00 for a 2 queen beautiful room at Hampton Inn in Kalispell (a Hilton property). Do yourself and wallet a favor - PASS THIS ONE UP. WAY TOO EXPENSIVE FOR WHAT YOU GET. Not many hotels around so they charge sky high rates. Drive further or stop sooner. They don't care about repeat business obviously.

Room Tip: Just another exit or two is a Best Western that has to be better
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
The_staff, General Manager at Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge, responded to this review, October 12, 2011
Thank you, for taking the time to write this review. We recognize the value of guest feedback, and want to know how we can improve. Please allow me to extend an apology on behalf of the entire team. Clearly we did not live up to your expectations and our commitment is to utilize your feedback as opportunity to improve our service delivery. We are comparable to the other hotels in town, especially on a busy event nights. We try to provide the best service for the best price, sorry to hear that you were not happy with our hotel.
In reference to the pool towels and pillows as a Choice hotels property we have to carry products which are demanded by the franchise and we are sorry, that you didn't find them comfortable. I am actually very surprised that you didn't like our pillows, because we have a lot of our guests complimenting them and actually wanting to purchase them.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you.

Jana Cickova

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hot Springs,Ar
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Cannot understand why the price was so high here. The rooms were so jammed with big pieces of furniture we could barely turn around. Wouldn't go back.

Room Tip: Ask for one where they've taken most the furniture out
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

The hotel rooms were clean, and everything worked. No complaints. This is a 2 star hotel and as such, don't expect 3 and 4 star amenities. It was clean and convenient, reasonably quiet, and inexpensive. Staff was friendly and helpful. What more can you demand or expect? For families traveling who just need a clean place to spend a night or two, this is great. It is conveniently located off I-84, and next to The Dalles Dam. No views except I-84 and the parking lot (and a little of McDonalds.) (Coffee is terrible, but that is typical for these hotels. Many people don't mind lousy coffee. For those that do, fortunately, you can grab some decent coffee at McDonalds. )

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Grants Pass
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I was not pleased with the price to begin with as it was higher than any location I have stayed in. I frequent Seattle, Bend, and Portland which are newer and give great service. When I asked for a corporate rate as I stay in Comfort Inns regularly they stated "The rate is the same and I dont make the rates so that is how it is". Very rude and way overpriced. The room was not very clean.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011 via mobile

It's fine, but they jack up the price a ridiculous amount when other places are full.

• Stayed August 2011
Salem, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I first want to start out by saying the overall appearance of the room was great! It smelled wonderful (like it was brand new) and it looked updated and fairly renovated. The location of the hotel is also convenient. I did however find a gelcap pill on the floor housekeeping must have missed while cleaning the room from the previous person who stayed here.

When I checked in (and I paid for the room), I wasn't aware there was a AAA discount offered. It wasn't until I was accessing the "complimentary" guest internet, I noticed they advertised it on their homepage. So, I called down to the front desk and told the man who answered I just checked in and noticed they offered a AAA discount. I asked if when I checked out tomorrow, if I could present my card and get an adjustment on the charge of my room.

To my surprise, he replied, "No, the owner put a block on all discounts tonight." I was confused about what that meant because this wasn't a holiday weekend, nor were there any special events going on in the area which may have caused them to increase their prices or disallow discounts which they clearly advertise. I asked why there would be a block on the AAA discount for the night and the man at the front desk said he didn't know, the owner just decided to do it and he couldn't adjust my bill.

This made absolutely no sense to me? Working in the customer service industry for over 15 years, this is definitely what I would classify as a poor example and false advertising. If a business is going to advertisethey offer AAA discounts, they should honor it all the time or put a disclaimer stating there may be times during the year they may not. I think this is misleading.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

Awesome for a off-the-freeway chain hotel. The place was just remodeled in the recent months, still smells of fresh carpet. New furniture, new beds (which are quite nice) and the place was pretty well kept. Nothing fancy and the rooms are 'modest' size but the comfortable bed, fast wifi and 40" HDTV (really surprised by the tv) made my week a pleasant stay. Can't say anything about price however; sounds like this place can be pretty pricey. I don't think it's worth $200 a night but then again The Dalles seems to be a popular place to stay.

The few 'cons' of this place is that it's a few miles away from most of the shopping places/restaurants (although there are a few close by) and it's not on the river. Oh well.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Columbia Gorge? Share your experiences!