“River View” 3 of 5 stars

Save 15% Now!
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in The Dalles
“River View”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2005

Shilo was clean and comfortable. Pillows were too hard (but we forgot to bring our own). Continental breakfast could have offered more - add some fruit and maybe dry cereal. The price was very affordable. People at the desk were very nice.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Long Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2005

My daughter is getting married in June of 05. This hotel and its manager Laura have been the greatest people to work with over the past 9 months. They have been so kind and helpful. Would recommend it to any one.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2005

My husband and I came to The Dalles to attend a friend's funeral and was so grateful for the hospitality of the staff. The man washing the front doors greeted us with a warm smile as he held the door open for us. Our room was exceptional clean, and the manager went out of her way to accomodate us. We will definately go back when we have more time to enjoy the view from our room.

• Stayed April 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2005

My wife and I spent 7 nights at the Shilo Inn, The Dalles, OR last June. What a fine reception we received from the Staff and what a pleasant and comfortable room! Our room looked out at The Dalles Dam and the Columbia River. The room was cleaned and made up early each day. The breakfast provided was excellent to start your day off right. A walk around the grounds was beautiful. Everyone we came in contact with was eager to help and pleasant to talk with. I can't say enough about the manager Laura Comini and her staff of how welcome they made us feel. When we come back to The Dalles there is no question where we will stay.

Beaverton, OR
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2004

We stayed here in August of 2003 and again June 25, 2004. The woman who checked us in looked like the world's oldest hippy. The room looked old and tired and the bathroom needed some major renovation and a more thorough cleaning. We debated about waiting until 6 pm for the seafood buffet and decided to go ahead and just eat. I ordered a chicken and asparagus pasta dish. When I got it, there was no asparagus in it. The waitress brought us our bill before we'd finished our entrees and didn't offer us coffee or dessert. When we left at 6 pm, the restaurant closed. When we got back to our room, there was an explosion and lots of smoke coming from the indoor pool area. We called the front desk and were told she'd "Send someone if I can find someone who wants to go look." No one ever did. There was what appeared to be mashed potatoes and grape or strawberry jelly flung all over the ceiling throughout most of the room. When we checked out, the desk clerk acted like it was the worst thing in the world to print my credit card receipt and hand it to me. He didn't ask how the stay was or even say hello or thank you. Next year, we'll probably stay somewhere else.

Travelers are raving about these The Dalles hotels

Yakima, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2003

My wife and I along with our well-behaved black lab spent a weekend at the Shilo Inn in early May 03. We asked for and received a room with a view. Employees were friendly and efficient. The inhouse restaurant was a bit pricey, but it was nice. Only negative is that the walls seemed a little thin - tv noises bled, but no more than what I've experienced at more expensive inns. All and all, it was a pleasant stay, and I would recommend it.

Been to Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles? Share your experiences!