“Worst stay and service ever.” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Motel   |   3223 Bret Clodfelter Way, The Dalles, OR 97058   |
Offers & Announcements
Save 15% Now!
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in The Dalles
“Worst stay and service ever.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Front counter lady was really nice, the bartender at night was rood and so was the waitress in the morning for breakfast. I would never recommend this place to anyone, it's been the worst place we have stayed in 7 years of traveling around the state working construction.

• Stayed April 2013
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Construction12,

Thank you for your recent comment and I want to apologize for the service that you received in the Restaurant. I have forwarded your comments to the Restaurant Owners to ensure that the issues are addressed.

Heather Baker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Kent, Washington, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had read the reviews on this place and they were somewhat mixed but I can see the negative comments made when I stayed here this last weekend. The place smells "musky?, old???" when you enter the lobby. The smell extended to our room. I believe the carpet is one of the main reasons. The keys are the old type of key instead of a card. Really?

The room was smaller along with the cost of it so not was not an issue. However the place still had the ceiling border, old bedspread, old TV. The bathroom had done a tile floor which was the only upgrade that I could see. There was a roomy refrigerator and a microwave which was nice. No extra pillows which I would have preferred.

Breakfast was included with the room at the Portage Grill inside the hotel. You have 3 choices and the food was good, not great but nice to have this included.

The staff was very friendly and made you feel welcome. The grounds and location were great. Shilo just need needs to spend some money and get this updated to the current hotel standards.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the river. I heard some good comments on this and maybe these rooms are upgrad...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Lenda L,

Thank you for your recent comment about your stay with us, and I apologize that your stay was not up to standards. We appreciate all comments and your comments about the property will be taken under advisement. We do hope that you will consider staying here with us again.

post falls idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stopped by on our way to Northern Idaho and thought Shilo standards were better than this

I found a tick on my pillow the staff was very sorry and moved us to a newer nice room which I appreciate. Come on Shilo!!! time to upgrade the old buildings and SPRAY for bugs Hot tub was same size as my bathtub

We even saw a baby skunk under the D building........ First time for us to see that..... Hope he got a free upgrade

Room Tip: ask for the A building
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear togo4it,

Thank you for your recent comment on your stay with us. I apologize that you found your initial room not up to our standards; rest assured we will be taking care of the matters that you have brought up in this comment. We do ask that you will consider staying with us here.

Travelers are raving about these The Dalles hotels

Knoxville, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I'm not that impressed with this place for being a Shilo. It seems crazy to me they have an outdoor pool in this state! The room are not fancy but the suffice and they are clean. The staff was very friendly during our check in.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear IowaDamon,

Thank you for your comments on your recent say and I am glad that you found our staff friendly and your room clean. We do hope that you choose to stay with us the next time you are in The Dalles.

Nampa, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed at the Shilo Inn in The Dalles a few times over the years. This visit, I found the room to be freshly updated with new paint, wallpaper, countertop, and carpeting. The bed was comfortable, which is something that is hard to find in hotels. I found the desk staff friendly and courteous. She was helpful when I encountered a technical issue regarding closed-captioning on the room TV. I appreciated the friendly and warm service at breakfast in the Portage Grill restaurant on site. The hotel property has nice walking path that allows a view of nearby The Dalles Dam, and guests can also explore the historic buildings on the property.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Sandy, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice clean comfortable stay. Staff was very nice and helpful. This hotel is a little older but clean. It is also a little ways from town but the back side looks out to the dam and close to the freeway. Very cool old buildings out back.

Room Tip: Stay on the river and dam side.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I'm here several times a year, and i've never had a bad experience. i find the staff to be very helpful and courteous. The rooms are very nice and clean, a big thank you to the cleaning crew! The lady at the front desk (11/26/12) went above and beyond for me, and was much appreciated. The service at the Portage Grill was very friendly, and the food was good. If I'm picky, I'd say my only complaint would be not being able to hook up a video game player to the tv. I'm always here for at least an entire week, and when I'm not working, there isn't much else to do in The Dalles other than play games. Other than that, I always look forward to staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Shilo Inn & Suites - The Dalles? Share your experiences!