“North of Expected” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 restaurants in Terrebonne
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Terrebonne Depot is a full service restaurant featuring locally grown foods in a unique, casual environment. Our ingredient focused American cuisine is prepared according to season and showcases the wonderful variety of flavors found in the Cascade region.Only three miles north of Redmond, Terrebonne Depot offers the freshest food available between Bend and Portland. Enjoyed by park visitors and local residents year-round, Terrebonne Depot is conveniently located just one quarter mile from the highway en route to Smith Rock State Park, in the town of Terrebonne.Housed in Terrebonne's 100-year old former train station, Terrebonne Depot offers a wide range of fresh traditional fare, and our full bar provides specialty cocktails as well as choice local and imported beer and wine. Food and drink may be enjoyed under the exposed beams of our recently renovated historic structure or outside on our expansive deck—where views of Smith Rock and the Cascade Mountains are unmatched.
Lake Oswego, OR
“North of Expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I stopped in here because it was so convenient to Smith Rock State Park. We expected something close to fast food (which is abundantly available on nearby highway 97), but this place is far better than that. She had the seared tuna tacos which were delicious (I checked!), and came with a red-cabbage slaw. The slaw was also on my hamburger, rather than the traditional lettuce, tomato, onions and pickles. My burger was tender and tasty, quite a bit better than average. Our waitperson was very friendly and got our order up faster than we expected, too despite a nearly full house on Sunday night. I would recommend this restaurant and would certainly return if we are in that area.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

90% Recommend
Bend, Oregon
“Expected More”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We'd heard good things about the Terrebonne Depot, so maybe our expectations were high, but we were a little disappointed. Was it nice? Yeah, it was Okay. Yes, the menu was varied from steaks, fish, to pork and chicken dishes. We had the calamari, I guess I should have seen the "spicy" part on the menu. Oh my! It wasn't just the dipping sauce that was spiced up but the breading was super spicy. It took me by surprise. The Hummus plate was very good, I'd recommend that. We had steaks - they were ok. I had the Ribeye, it was cooked pretty close to correct, just a little over done, and a little thin. The salad was good and the Tomato Bisque was very good. For dessert we tried the "classic" creme brule'. It was "interesting" with extra nutmeg and cinnamon spices. The atmosphere was good. I like the restored building, but the quality of food and service were not what you'd expect for a nice $20-$25 dinner. Maybe you'd do better for lunch?

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brownsville, OR
“Easy choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The menu is varied, and the food is significantly better than you might expect. Service and atmosphere are average, though the view of Smith Rock from the deck is outstanding. I've eaten here twice, and expect to return. You might try the Pasta Puttanesca or the Stuffed Chicken. Both are satisfying, though the Stuffed Chicken seemed the better of the two. Salads are average, and the wine choices are decent.

Overall, this is easily the restaurant of choice when visiting Smith Rock or Lake Billy Chinook.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Valentines day dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

It was wonderful as always. Special valentine's day menu which was great but their regular menu is wonderful and varied. This is such a great find.

Prineville
“A nice Terebonne restaurant.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

If you are looking for a tasty spot for lunch or dinner try the Terrebonne Depot. The the buffalo burger with smoked pork belly is delicious. I would also recommend the Ahi tuna tacos. If you are passing thorough or staying for climbing at Smith Rock state Park give the Terrebonne Depot a try.

• Visited January 2013