“Best Western Excellence” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg
GreenLeadersBronze level
Spokane, Washington
“Best Western Excellence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Before retiring I traveled about 50% of the time for business. During this time I generally stayed in downtown hotels authorized by our travel department such as the Westin, Fairmont & Sheraton. As a result, I became spoiled by great service and quality. Once retired I tried the BW Plus in Sutherlin, OR while visiting family and loved it. The rooms were very clean, updated and the beds extremely comfortable. We always stay at the Hartford Lodge in Sutherlin while visiting family and the experience there convinced us to stay at Best Western Plus' wherever we travel. The food is always good and the staff is helpful and professional. Plus, the prices are very reasonable with quality like the big hotels. We did not use or evaluate any kid's activities.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Shannon K, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I am very glad to hear that you have chosen to be a part of the BEST WESTERN Family! We here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge pride ourselves on providing each guest with our luxurious rustic ambiance all at an affordable price. I’m happy to hear that you were comfortable in our new Simmons Pillow-top beds! I sure do hope to see you again next time you are in our area! We always love to see our return guests come back time and time again because that tells us that we are doing our jobs right by earning your trust.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
Hayden, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Wow! These people have thought of everything. Glass coffee cups and barware, a 4-cup insulated coffee pot, 2 televisions plus a media box, and the Kleenex in an actual box! The bathroom was huge and well-lit -- even had an outlet on either side of the sink (what a concept)! In addition, outside the bathroom was an additional vanity with plenty of light, a stool, a hair dryer, a large magnifying mirror on a stand, and even a small container with cotton balls and Q-Tips. In the large closet were a safe and extra pillows and a blanket. The motel had an on-site bakery, which served breakfast to order. I didn't eat there, but my husband said it was very good. The king bed was very comfy as well. If I could, I'd build the exact room in my house. And yes, Norman, our Yorkie, enjoyed his stay here too. We don't usually take this route, but we will be going this way in the future for sure.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I am thrilled to hear that you and Norman were more than comfortable with us. We try to make sure that all of our guests’ needs are met so that they can relax and enjoy their stay with us. Whether our guests are here on business or just on their way to visit family, we want them to feel like they are on a mini vacation while staying here at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge. It is nice to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit! Hopefully next time you will have time to come to enjoy breakfast in our Café!
Willow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was the last hotel that we stayed in at the end of a 3 month trip. We often stay at Best Westerns because we have found them to be clean and safe. The Best Western Hartford Lodge was one of our best traveling experiences. They are conveniently located just off of the freeway and offer a fridge and microwave in each room. When we checked in we were offered fresh cookies from the on site bakery. We used the pool and hot tub which are located in a separate building. It was warm enough that some guests were taking advantage of the outdoor tables and chairs located just outside of the building that houses the pool. We enjoyed breakfast before leaving the next morning where we had a choice of a buffet or made to order breakfast. My husband enjoyed eggs cooked over medium and I had an omelet that was very good. We would definitely stay at the Best Western Plus Hartford Lodge again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing this review on our behalf. We really appreciate the great feedback! I’m glad that you found us to be a conveniently located and safe place to rest during your travels. I am also glad that you were able to enjoy our full cooked-to-order breakfast. We like knowing that we send each of our guests on their way feeling full and satisfied after breakfast. Our outdoor seating areas are getting quite popular now that the sun is beginning to peak out more often. When the mornings are warm, some of our guests prefer to dine outside for breakfast where they can enjoy the fresh morning air. I truly hope that we get another chance to have you as our guest next time you are traveling through the Roseburg/Sutherlin area! We will be sure to keep those cookies coming!
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was my first stay at a Best Western and I was a little skeptical at first. I work in the hotel industry, so my friends sometimes refer to me as a "Hotel Snob". I have very high expectations when it comes to cleanliness, service and comfort. In this case, location was very important, so I selected the Best Western PLUS Hartford Lodge. The front office staff was more than friendly, housekeepers were cordial and respectful, beds were VERY comfortable, rooms were clean and the grounds were well kept. The business center was clean and easy to use and we really enjoyed the outdoor patio.
I wasn't able to get breakfast until my last morning there (I stayed 3 nights) and, while it is a "full cooked-to-order breakfast", it's really not all that it's cracked up to be. You're limited to ONE of the cooked-to-order items (omelet, eggs or pancakes) and there's no option, on the order form, to tailor an omelet. It just says "veggies" or "meat". When I asked if I could have just certain veggies, the cook acted as if I was asking for something quite out of the ordinary, but she had me write it down and she made it anyway. She was far from friendly. On the side of my omelet, I received 6 small pieces of breakfast potatoes and two half slices of bacon. They are obviously trying to save on food cost. Lastly, I was told that I'm not allowed to take my breakfast back to my room (I'm really NOT okay with being told where I have to eat).
All-in-all, this was a pleasant stay and my room was great. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who is staying near the Roseburg area, for business or pleasure. There are very few decent hotels in Roseburg/Sutherlin and this one is close to the top of the list.

Room Tip: There is a Denny's and a Bronx Bagel shop nearby. If you're looking for a hearty morning mea...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Shannon K, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
I am glad that you found the quality of service offered by our Housekeeping and Front Desk staff to be top notch! We do our best to make sure our guests have the absolute best hotel experience we can offer.

Our cooked to order eggs, omelets, and pancakes are only one part of our breakfast. Our guests are able to choose one of these items, along with two sides (bacon, sausage, or potatoes). We also have our entire Hartford Breakfast Buffet that is serve yourself, all you can eat. This is where you will find items such as hot waffles, a selection of cereal, biscuits and gravy, toast, assorted bagels, oatmeal, fresh fruit, and our homemade banana bread. I sure hope you were able to eat to your heart’s delight from our Hartford Breakfast Buffet!

I am sorry that you did not receive top notch service while you were in the Café. I will speak with our Café staff to make sure they are offering the highest quality of service that we always strive to provide our guests with. Regarding taking food into the rooms, we noticed that when we allowed food into the guest rooms, we ended up with many stained linens and carpets. This is the reason that we now try to keep all of the food and dishes in the Café.

I surely hope that you will come back to give us another chance to exceed your expectations next time you are looking for lodging in the Sutherlin/Roseburg area!
Portland, Oregon, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Whenever I have business in the Roseburg area I always look to this place for clean comfortable lodging and the BEST in customer service. Fridge on the fritz? Replaced even if I'm upstairs and the desk clerk is recovering from an injury!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Shannon K, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Thank you for writing this review for us! We are thrilled to hear that we have earned your trust as a repeat guest. I am glad that Kara was able to help replace your refrigerator, even if she is on crutches! She definitely tries her best to make sure our guests are happy and well cared for and we truly appreciate that. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in the area.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Having business to do in the Greater Roseburg area, I stayed last week @ a B/W in Roseburg, and was disappointed, soo-oo this week I tried Hartford Lodge in Sutherlin, what a good decision! Very well managed property, extremely clean rooms, the staff is right there for you, helping in any way they can, in fact Allison,went above & beyond to help me find my way to Girardet winery, which was also a delight. This is a fine place to stay, and I can find nothing to complain about!!, Kudo's to all that work here!

Room Tip: They all looked good to me, they all open to the outside, there is plenty of secure parking too.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I would like to take a moment to thank you for writing us this kind review! I am very glad to hear that Allison was able to help you find directions to Giradet Winery. We do all that we can to make sure each of our guests’ needs are met every day. I am also glad that you found us to be a good substitute for lodging in Roseburg as we are only a short drive from the Roseburg city center. I surely hope that we get another chance to see you next time you are in the Sutherlin/Roseburg area!
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

By far the best ever Best Western we have stayed at and they are way better than just the PLUS - Close to being a PREMIER property in the chain. Being pet friendly was our first need and close but not on the highway was second. This property is very well run and I compliment the owners on doing a fantastic job with both the facility and the staff. Shannon and her staff at the Front Desk were very friendly and helpful at checkin and checkout. Rooms are great, comfortable and beds are to die for. Shannon made a recommendation for Pizza and it to was just as good as she said. Thanks for that. Sorry this was just an overnight stay but we will definitely stay there again when we travel that way. Full breakfast in the morning in a large setting was fantastic.

Room Tip: Take an upper floor if you can but its tough when you travel with a pet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shannon K, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Wow! We are honored that you found us to be on par with the Best Western Premiers and that we were able to provide you and your puppy with a comfortable place to rest during your travels! Thank you very much for the compliments about our staff and our property. We definitely work hard every day and do all that we can to make sure our guests expectations are not only met, but exceeded with each stay. I am very glad that you enjoyed your dinner here in Sutherlin. We will be happy to provide you with more suggestions next time you are in our area. Some restaurants even have special deals for guests of ours! We look forward to serving you again soon!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hartford Lodge - Sutherlin / Roseburg? Share your experiences!