“Hidden gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
“Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We unexpectedly needed to stay in Sutherlin, Or on our way back to Seattle ...and I am so glad we did. After checking into one of the nicest BEST WESTERNS I have ever stayed in... actually one of the best hotels and I have stayed in 4 star hotels...we headed into town to find a place to eat. A local recommended Pedotti's, our group doesn't eat a lot of wheat hence we don't eat a lot of Italian but we decided we would give it a try.

this small town restaurant is more progressive them my local Italian restaurant in my big town! They offered gluten free pasta and pizza!!!! Their sauces were fantastic, their dessert choices great and they offered a lot of local wines!

Plus our service from Michael was fantastic!

We look forward to stopping in again!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

73% Recommend
Seattle, Washington
“Nice surprize, unexpected!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Like many others commenting here, I was staying @ B/W Hartford Lodge; saw the menu in the room info book; looked interesting, it was! Very well prepared food, Ravoli tasted home-made, and the sause was excellent, as was the wine list. Many local Umpuua Vally Pino's,quite a few by the glass, found an excellent Baco Noir, by Girardet. Nice atmosphere in the restaurent, cozy,,easy place to enjoy a meal when traveling alone. Salad was fresh and varied, nice homemade garlic bread. Definitey a place to return to, nothing as good for many miles!!

• Visited April 2013
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Went there last night with my in-laws, wife, and 2 year old. We were initially excited to see that they had gluten-free pasta options for the little guy, and the menu was very inviting. River's Edge Winery was there sampling their wine, and we were seated quickly. We ordered, and when we got to my son, the waitress said that gluten-free was not available for the children's menu. Since everything on their menu has either bread or pasta, we were ready to leave before the waitress agreed to find out if they would "make an exception". The answer was yes with no meat in the sauce because "the meat has wheat in it", so we settled in, determined to enjoy the evening.

When the food arrived,. my father-in-law's medium-rare steak came well done, and my wife's calzone was overcooked. My chicken fettucini alfredo was small and bland, but my mother-in-law's pizza was very good. When the waitress did not return, my father-in-law went to hunt her down. She apologized, and said the cook would rush to get it right. about 20 minutes later, when the rest of us had finished, she brought another steak, this time half the size and so rare it was practically mooing. She asked if he wanted her to take it back again, and he declined because by now he was starving and didn't want to wait another xx minutes.

Her solution: 10% off.

Our solution: not coming back

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“A great place to eat in a small town..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

This was the best food I ever had.. I have always heard good things about this place and tonight I finally got a chance to eat there.. I had a gourmet Italian sub!! All I can say is wow I couldn't believe how good it wasand the price made it even better.. Try it out you wont be disappointed!!

San Carlos, California
“How to enjoy dinner and a movie in Sutherlin”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Sutherlin, Oregon in rural,and without upscale dining.But we love the Best Western,Hartford there.They are pet and people friendly, with upscale amenities and Yosemite vibe rooms.So what to do about dinner? I checked out three options thru websites: Pizza, Asian, and Italian.Upon visual inspection all dismal looking.But,I did find Galaxy Video 1009 WCentral,near the hotel and rented a first run DVD to play in our room.Then got a pizza to go from Pedottis 1332 w central.We got in our jammies and had a great evening. Pedottis is really friendly and the pizza was great,they give Best Western customers 10% off it was ready in 15 minutes.We had a great time

• Visited February 2013