“poor experience” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Jacksonville, Oregon
“poor experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

food was edible but not any flavor. I got the enchilada dinner and my husband got tamale dinner. bot us were disappointed in the blandness of the food. But, to make matters worse, I asked for a bag to go for the chips and cup for the salsa. They told me they did no have any to go containers.
I waited a few minutes and went up to a different person and asked again, and got a bag and cup to get the items to go!!!!!!!!!!!.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Portland, OR
“Great Mexican - and the best salsa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a late lunch at El Caporal, and really enjoyed it. My chicken mole enchiladas has just the right bite of chili and sweetness. My husbands camerones (shrimp) in cheese sauce was a huge portion but very flavorful, with lots of chopped veggies. We shared good margaritas as well. Friendly service, and the best salsa...so good we bought some for home. A great choice in Sunriver

Visited July 2013
“Avoid”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner on a weekday. The tables outside were full of dirty dishes uncleared and remained that way until after we left, so sitting outside was not an option. The food was fairly poor. I got the impression they would not survive outside of the resort- had we known we'd not have gone- sorry!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tigard, Oregon
“Avoid the "Halibut Fish Taco's"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Perhaps it depends on when you eat here and what you have. As a "first" experience I was less than impressed. Visited late afternoon on a Wednesday. I believe we were the only customers in the place and we ate outside. Servers were friendly, attentive and we got our food very fast. Top shelf margarita was ample (2 pours) but just "alright" in taste. Fish taco's were horrible - allegedly grilled - certainly did not taste like any halibut I've ever had - most likely frozen cod - no sauce, cabbage or pico de gallo served. Bland at best. If I were to return I would probably make sure it was busy and chef A was working.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vancouver, Washington
“Consistent Every time..Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

It seems like every time we go to Sunriver we have to eat at EL Caporal. The food here is always delicious the wait staff is always friendly and the drinks well made, I couldn't ask for more in a simple Mexican restaurant.

• Visited April 2013