“Fun and Extra Service” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 15 Attractions in Sunriver
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The Paulina Plunge Downhill Waterfall Mt.Bike Tour is a wet and wild family adventure for all active ages 4 to 70. We will descend over six miles down a smooth forest trail, where our friendly guides will lead you to six pristine waterfalls and two natural water slides. Exploring this natural water park will be the highlight of your Central Oregon vacation.
San Jose, California
“Fun and Extra Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We had a fun time. The guides were very friendly and professional. Some physical exertion is required: one small uphill at the beginning and hiking from the river back up to the bicycles. My wife and I are in our mid 50's and had no problem other than some heavy breathing. I am not an off road cyclist but for the last 3 mile segment I felt comfortable enough to move to the front of the line and, much to my surprise, I found myself pushing the teenager in front of me. Nice adrenalin rush and an unanticipated pleasure. At the end of the day we discovered that our car key was missing. One of the guides drove us back to their equipment storage where we found our key. This was on his own time and money. Thank you.

“What a Day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Our group consisted of 3 teenagers and two Mom's(both in our 40's), all of us in fairly good shape. We met up at the Sunriver village and were greeted by friendly guides where we loaded up on the bus for a short trip up the road toward Paulina Lake. During the ride, our guides told us the story of Chief Paulina in a very humorous manner. Once we were parked and given bikes, we broke up in to two groups of about 20 people. Each group was given two guides, they were both very nice and informative about the area. The bike ride was somewhat vigorous and unless you are experienced with off-road cycling, could be considered difficult due to the soft sandy areas of the trail, (Several people fell and were cut during the day) The waterfalls were all very beautiful and sliding down them was a blast, especially for the teenagers and younger one's in our group. I found hiking up several of the trails to be somewhat challenging as the altitude and steepness of the trails were fairly severe. I would rate most of the walking as difficult to extreme. Although they were mostly short trails, that took no more than 10 minutes each. Overall it was a really great day, worth the price and one we would recommend to others.

Socal
“Fun day, enjoyed ourselves!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Not a lot to add to the reviews below. Yes, there are some hills at the beginning and they tell you about them. It takes all of 60 seconds to walk up. There are some hikes to the river...no problem for us and our teenage daughter but there are some steeper places.

If you are not comfortable on a bike, you may not like this experience.

We had a fun time! Yeah, the water was a bit coolish but we just went in and out. How often do you get to play in a waterfall?? Our guide, Ryan, was excellent. We felt well taken care of and safe. The bikes were in good shape...just single speeds so no shifting. Anyway, it's mostly flat or downhill riding.

Thumbs up from us!!

Danville, California
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

OK word to the few who complained about the ride difficulty.....take a brisk walk once a week. Please??......The ride was not difficult. One small incline at the beginning which was stated clearly that those who were challenged could simply walk the bike for a short climb.
The guides were friendly and helpful. It was my first trip to Oregon and I was very impressed with this tour. Yes there were some mosquitos and the water was cold and some of the single track was tricky but what do you expect???? Its the mountains. I was not mislead. I believe that the guides really enjoy what they do. They seemed to enjoy meeting new people and interacting with the activities. I look forward to doing it again. If I can offer any advise it would be to travel light, wear a good pair of shoes that are good in water, and maybe spray yourself with OFF. Other than that prepare to have FUN!!! There is a 3 mile single track run at the end of the tour that is pretty cool. Thanks John!! You were a terrific guide!!! Catch ya next time mate!

“Don't miss this!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Fun day of easy mountain biking and waterfall swimming. We had a great guide (Ryan) who showed us beautiful mountain vistas and shared info about the volcanoes nearby. Bring water and a light lunch and you'll have a really memorable day!!