“Decent Room, Questionable Charges, Pay With Cash if You Can” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Springfield
Oregon
“Decent Room, Questionable Charges, Pay With Cash if You Can”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

I had a nice stay at Best Western, the rooms were clean and spacious, and the front desk staff was nice. My only problem was them pre-authorizing my card for 3x the amount of my stay!!! I am a budget traveller and this really put a heavy burden on my finances. This seems eccessive and I called them and they weren't very apologetic for the action. I would tell others staying here to beware and make sure you ask them about their credit card charging policy before you agree to give them your card. This is a budget motel not the 4 Seasons in NYC for pete sakes! I would've recommended this motel to other travelers had they not gone crazy with charging my card! But since they felt the need to pre-authorize my card like crazy I feel apprehensive to ever stay there again or suggest others to.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tehachapi, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2010

Stayed for four nights while attending wedding festivities in Eugene. We negotiated an excellent rate since our group would occupy several rooms. I stayed in a nice suite with all the expected amenities... cable TV, coffee maker, 'fridge, microwave and so on. The room and entire facility was clean, staff were friendly and helpful. There are a number of restaurants nearby to suit many tastes and budgets. I stay in hotels on business 10-15 nights a year and can't think of one negative for this facility. For the price, even the standard rate, it is excellent in every way.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

2nd stay here and still impressed by the Inn. Efficient reception, great value. Large ,well appointed rooms. Close to the freeway, but quiet. Plenty of restaurants within short walking distance.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Lewiston, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2009

After a long drive, the service at the front desk was refreshing. I was given a large mini-suite with all the amenities: refrigerator, microwave, coffeepot (with hot cocoa supplied!), etc. The bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept on. I did not partake of the continental breakfast, so I cannot comment there. The location is great, right of I-5 and another local expressway, with many restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2009

Stayed here after a long drive down the I5. The front desk lady was lovely - very friendly and gave us a very large room for a great rate. Room was huge. Very dated property but well maintained and our room was clean. Close to the shops and very quiet room.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Langley City, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

It was very late, and we were very tired. And that's the only reason we stayed! We paid way too much for a "deluxe King suite" that was dirty, smelled like mold, and had a bed that I wouldn't let my dog sleep on. There was no wireless Internet. The sitting room area looked like a mismatched thrift store furniture drop-off, and the TV was very precariously balanced on the pony wall separating the bedroom from the sitting area. If we had bumped it in the dark, I'm sure it would have fallen over. The edges of the carpet, especially in the open closet area, had visible dirt and dust. We slept a few hours (in our clothes) and were out of there very early in the morning.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2008

I hadn't stayed at this property for 4 months because of a mess up of my reservation. Yesterday I decided to give it another chance. What a mistake. First they put me in a room with wet carpet and a heater drying it. I asked to be moved so they moved me across the hall to an upgrade at no extra charge. When I decided to pull down the bedding on one of the beds it was not tucked in, the sheets obviously hadn't been changed and there were blood spots on them. It was unacceptable and disgusting. I then got moved to my third room and finally fell asleep. In the morning I asked for the manager and got what I think was an apology but she handled it very poorly. It makes me wonder do they always change their sheets or does this go on all the time.

The bedding and pillows are old and need to be updated.

Won't stay there again.......................

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN Grand Manor Inn? Share your experiences!